13 months on

Yeah I agree.
I got some hot laps around Cadwell during the launch of the 8v and believe me the RS3 took those tight corners really well.
Although the pirelli tyres were shredded by 12 noon doing hot laps from 9am.
They were literally worn out and they had to go change the fronts, it was a hot day though :)

View attachment 239638
Yup have done the same at Silverstone in the PFL
FL is a lot better, especially with 034 ARB and slightly lower eibach springs, yes you cannot lose the mass up front but who actually cares when it sounds that good.....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It is a real shame all these cars sound so muted (RS, M's, AMG etc). My wife's new Abarth 595 has an awesome exhaust note (not fake!), so it can be done.
Can't keep up with how many cars your Mrs has had over the last few years mate

Reactions: NevMan
Yup have done the same at Silverstone in the PFL
FL is a lot better, especially with 034 ARB and slightly lower eibach springs, yes you cannot lose the mass up front but who actually cares when it sounds that good.....
Get a room you 2....Snakes got the RS3 Rose Tinted heed on......LOL

• Haha
Audi have never really embraced nicer seats for the S3 or RS3 though have they - always a variant of the s line seats.

it will be interesting to see how the car does sound.
In the video's it does sound reasonable on the inside and outside - so I am hoping it will way better than the Dyson but know it won't be like my last RS3.
A more palatable switch for me potentially than yourself with a great sounding facelift - gonna be a tough call where you go next

They used to back in the good old days. My S3 8P had the Wingbacks and they really should bring them back. The VW Golf Edition 40 gets them so not sure why Audi don't. I know plenty people would spec them when new for sure

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
you 2 are just jealous of all that road illumination I’d have from those glorious lights if I got one lol :tearsofjoy:

See you coming miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Can't keep up with how many cars your Mrs has had over the last few years mate

Haha, the deal for the Abarth was a no brainier, besides I pushed here that way as wanted to get the equity out of the MCS. As we all know used prices are mad, hence factory order in for me. But with a manufacturer that actually delivers cars .

My father in law collected his Black!!! Cooper (pretty standard spec) today, ordered in April. I spent the day correcting and ceramic coated with Q2 Pure. Paint condition and lack of dealer inflicted damage was a nice surprise

add39fcf145cfb8511f870888fa57d22.jpg

8b2b624da10e8fdc1d84dc0a1cc2a934.jpg

e231302dbd0fdcc7e192ce787a2ad65a.jpg

af50f603096b70a929e470610fa47bdf.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and PeteRS3lee
Spoke to my Dealer yesterday ......

There is no confirmation on an official release date of the RS3
No idea what delivery lead times will be
No stock or demo S3 vehicles to even look at due to microchip shortages .... lol !

So doesn't sound very promising at all.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan and Jassyo06
Spoke to my Dealer yesterday ......

There is no confirmation on an official release date of the RS3
No idea what delivery lead times will be
No stock or demo S3 vehicles to even look at due to microchip shortages .... lol !

So doesn't sound very promising at all.
Chip shortages... serves them right= all western corporations for grabbing every last dime they can get their greedy hands-on....moving all manufacturing of silicone chips to China the Western world is being held to ransom by them l work in the semi conductor industry we refurb a certain machine that's part of manufacturing process we also implant the silicone wafers which is one stage of the process....all our machines are purchased by the Chinese as are all the wafers...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Chip shortages... serves them right= all western corporations for grabbing every last dime they can get their greedy hands-on....moving all manufacturing of silicone chips to China the Western world is being held to ransom by them l work in the semi conductor industry we refurb a certain machine that's part of manufacturing process we also implant the silicone wafers which is one stage of the process....all our machines are purchased by the Chinese as are all the wafers...

Yeah its impacted the car industry badly hasn't it and explains why the dealers have really bland stock at the moment and no decent demo cars.

Yeah its impacted the car industry badly hasn't it and explains why the dealers have really bland stock at the moment and no decent demo cars.
Its had a massive impact especially on VAG BMW are releasing new models that fast you'd think they're going out of fashion

Reactions: NevMan and AlwaysBeenS3
Its had a massive impact especially on VAG BMW are releasing new models that fast you'd think they're going out of fashion

Yeah Audi appear to be moving at a snails pace.
Perhaps I should have got a run out face lift RS3 last year while they were still available fully loaded with exclusive paint lol.
It could be some time until the new RS3 lands at Dealers never mind customer orders.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Couple of new leaked pics should be revealed on monday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-190615_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-190615_Instagram.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20210717-190624_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-190624_Instagram.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and NevMan

It is bizarre, BMW/Mini managing to shift and deliver new cars (more delay than usual) but VAG crippled. Was quoted 30 weeks for a Clubsport 45!

It is bizarre, BMW/Mini managing to shift and deliver new cars (more delay than usual) but VAG crippled. Was quoted 30 weeks for a Clubsport 45!
You'll find Audi will start to get back on course very soon Jordan has seen far more cars being delivered into stock recently

I feel like it really needs some roof rails. Hopefully they are a option that's available

Reactions: Terminator x and Rhurs
I feel like it really needs some roof rails. Hopefully they are a option that's available

Yeah with new headlights / less grill / better dash layout and less ****** touch screens.

Yeah with new headlights / less grill / better dash layout and less ****** touch screens.

trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Fingers crossed they look better in the flesh

Reactions: Jassyo06

Defo not as the 8Y Sport back design has hints in design similar to an SUV to begin with

That cars has a interior red design package £££ extra option you can forget the red centre mark on the steering as well as Audi dont fit this to UK models
but hopefully the Red design package will be available on the RS3? Only EU markets got it on the S3 as a option

Exactly my thoughts it 100% needs roof rails

Looks to have a red interior design pack fitted nice

Lol You being a RS3 anorak will still get one lol

Can’t get on with its front end or that interior.

It’ll have to perform spectacular to get me away from my 8V

Reactions: NevMan
You'll find Audi will start to get back on course very soon Jordan has seen far more cars being delivered into stock recently

that’s encouraging to hear.

you really not happy with the TTS then mate ? ... I was pondering one of the remaining Nogaro TTRS’s today

Reactions: Jassyo06
Exactly my thoughts it 100% needs roof rails

I hate roof rails lol !

May last RS3 did not have them & if I get another it won’t either :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
that’s encouraging to hear.

you really not happy with the TTS then mate ? ... I was pondering one of the remaining Nogaro TTRS’s today
My TTS vorsprung enough said about it the better.. hate Turbo blue stay clear of the Noggy Ed's they offer less spec for more money...my TTS has a better option spec...
TTRS Vorsprung would be my choice very rare model though....but saying that the TT Isn't tied up in the chip shortages like all other touchscreen Audis so a factory order is doable

Can’t get on with its front end or that interior.

It’ll have to perform spectacular to get me away from my 8V

But it's not gonna out perform the 8V RS3 mate the opf has sucked the #RSe out of it

My TTS vorsprung enough said about it the better.. hate Turbo blue stay clear of the Noggy Ed's they offer less spec for more money...my TTS has a better option spec...
TTRS Vorsprung would be my choice very rare model though....but saying that the TT Isn't tied up in the chip shortages like all other touchscreen Audis so a factory order is doable

TTRS vorsprung is not on the configurator - just base model & sport but it is showing for roadster ?

yeah it’s such a pain isn’t it.

Im even thinking about a 718 GTS 4 .... just for the sound, but would have to get my head around rear wheel drive & not sure how I feel about that

Now that is a weapon. Lovely 4.0 straight Six, but obv. Pricey from £65k. If I had the money would be tempted even with RWD