13 months on

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Lol ... I’ll post this month now pmsl :)

just in time for actual ordering .... possibly very shortly now :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee and Jassyo06
Does anybody have an idea of when the order books will open ?

Not sure ... hoping the actual production car will be released this month so best case it could be then otherwise within a month or two max potentially ... but anyone’s guess how long lead times will be !

Reactions: NevMan
Not sure ... hoping the actual production car will be released this month so best case it could be then otherwise within a month or two max potentially ... but anyone’s guess how long lead times will be !

Looking forward to seeing one in the showroom

Youtube will be infested by it come August the thing is though it will still have the same generic issues that all the 8Y models have installing the 5 pot and a silly drift diff won't detract from the above generic issues intact it'll probably highlight them further due to the cars really high price tag

Last edited:
Youtube will be infested by it come August the thing is though it will still have the same generic issues that all the 8Y models have installing the 5 pot and a silly drift diff won't detract from the above generic issues intact it'll probably highlight them further due to the cars really high price tag

Probably not mate but going in with eyes open. I really don’t think any car is perfect atm so it’s a case of getting the one that ticks most boxes ... for me anyway.

Yup.
More click bait for youtube.

Pointless videos from people that don’t know too much about cars.
More pointless crap about ‘how to open a door’ ‘settings you never knew existed in the MMI’ or ‘today I’ll show you how to turn the ambient light from red to blue’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Probably not mate but going in with eyes open. I really don’t think any car is perfect atm so it’s a case of getting the one that ticks most boxes ... for me anyway.
My point being is... that interior plus the basic overtly designed exterior will be hard to turn a blind eye to when parting with over £60k unless you've got money to burn or desire a RS3 logo no matter how much it costs a month... we've been here before mate but this time around the 8Y RS3 has better rivals up against it and given how ****** up car manufacturing is at the moment it'll be into the 2nd quarter of next year before owners get em

My point being is... that interior plus the basic overtly designed exterior will be hard to turn a blind eye to when parting with over £60k unless you've got money to burn or desire a RS3 logo no matter how much it costs a month... we've been here before mate but this time around the 8Y RS3 has better rivals up against it and given how ****** up car manufacturing is at the moment it'll be into the 2nd quarter of next year before owners get em

Not the logo pal ... 2.5 litres !

what better rivals ?

there’s only the 45s which is a direct rival IMO and the sound just lets it down.

The 5 cylinder soundtrack is a big draw for me and well worth the premium over the S3 and will hopefully make the difference to driving enjoyment ... I miss that sound no matter how clinically good the 45 is ... sound makes such a difference to me.

Audi have stated they are not developing any more engines so I’ve gotta get one of those 5 pots again while I can

Last edited:
Reactions: gussyldr and Audi Bairn
The final car will be shown off this month.

Cars available from November.

As far as how easy it will be to get them that is something I don’t know.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Not the logo pal ... 2.5 litres !

what better rivals ?

there’s only the 45s which is a direct rival IMO and the sound just lets it down.

The 5 cylinder soundtrack is a big draw for me and well worth the premium over the S3 and will hopefully make the difference to driving enjoyment ... I miss that sound no matter how clinically good the 45 is ... sound makes such a difference to me.

Audi have stated they are not developing any more engines so I’ve gotta get one of those 5 pots again while I can
desperately wanting to get rid of the AMG by the sounds of it mate
When is the last time you planked your ars€ in a 8y ?
I'd rather have a very nicely specified Golf 8 R with a 15% discount and save myself £15k
I think you'll be rather disappointed by how muted the 5 cylinders are now

Reactions: Jassyo06
desperately wanting to get rid of the AMG by the sounds of it mate
When is the last time you planked your ars€ in a 8y ?
I'd rather have a very nicely specified Golf 8 R with a 15% discount and save myself £15k
I think you'll be rather disappointed by how muted the 5 cylinders are now

certainly not desperate to shift it as it has many enjoyable elements, just missing one. The golf would not be a wise move for me as it’s a 4 pot so wouldn’t improve sound.

I am considering a new RS3 even tho I hate the interior of the 8Y with everything going electric in the coming years
I would like to experience the 5 pot engine before its gone forever .

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee
certainly not desperate to shift it as it has many enjoyable elements, just missing one. The golf would not be a wise move for me as it’s a 4 pot so wouldn’t improve sound.

The 4 cylinder engine in the TTS sounds better on start up than my 67 plate S3 it sounds deep and gruff sounding pops and bangs a little when revved though no pops and bangs on downshifting one of its few plus points the 5 cylinder sound is piped into the Cabin yup very weird The GOLF 8 R doesn't sound as good on start up as the TTS it doesn't go as deep but one with an Akrapovic exhaust will pop and bang till the cows come home so given both are fitted with same engine VAG for a change have done a good job with these 2 models compared to the 4 cylinder engine in the 8y S3,a fully loaded Akrapovic Golf R can be gotten for £45k makes it a good proposition

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The 4 cylinder engine in the TTS sounds better on start up than my 67 plate S3 it sounds deep and gruff sounding pops and bangs a little when revved though no pops and bangs on downshifting one of its few plus points the 5 cylinder sound is piped into the Cabin yup very weird The GOLF 8 R doesn't sound as good on start up as the TTS it doesn't go as deep but one with an Akrapovic exhaust will pop and bang till the cows come home so given both are fitted with same engine VAG for a change have done a good job with these 2 models compared to the 4 cylinder engine in the 8y S3,a fully loaded Akrapovic Golf R can be gotten for £45k makes it a good proposition

yeah I must say a fully loaded golf with the upgrade exhaust would be a nice car ... is that what you’re leaning to next then mate ?

yeah I must say a fully loaded golf with the upgrade exhaust would be a nice car ... is that what you’re leaning to next then mate ?
Lost all interest at the moment mate just because of the mess in the car industry used car prices as we all know are sky high but your only going make out of it ...ie the likes of myself if went down to a A1 sline etc etc so it's all relative bit like the housing market atm a few manufacturers have stopped taking orders for new cars according to drivethedeal

Lost all interest at the moment mate just because of the mess in the car industry used car prices as we all know are sky high but your only going make out of it ...ie the likes of myself if went down to a A1 sline etc etc so it's all relative bit like the housing market atm a few manufacturers have stopped taking orders for new cars according to drivethedeal

yeah it’s all relative isn’t it ... 2nd hand values have sky rocketed but if you can’t get a suitable replacement car it means nothing.

we just gotta be patient & see how things play out & hope improvement comes sooner than later ... otherwise just try & enjoy what we’ve got for now & pray those holidays return next year !

yeah it’s all relative isn’t it ... 2nd hand values have sky rocketed but if you can’t get a suitable replacement car it means nothing.

we just gotta be patient & see how things play out & hope improvement comes sooner than later ... otherwise just try & enjoy what we’ve got for now & pray those holidays return next year !
Am booked for August 30th holiday roulette as l call it if double jabbed should be allowed to go wherever the **** you like just like they're doing in Europe

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
How about a Lotus Emira. Option of V6 and manual, for £60k

3de3f39b43208a675017a1e6921f9b49.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
How about a Lotus Emira. Option of V6 and manual, for £60k

3de3f39b43208a675017a1e6921f9b49.jpg
its certainly a nice looking car.
But my days of 2 door cars are behind me - not car park or garage friendly :)

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
its certainly a nice looking car.
But my days of 2 door cars are behind me - not car park or garage friendly :)
My tt does my ****** head in every time l park in the driveway...am l far enough away from the side of the house....l ask myself waiting game for me l can't wait to give it the Spanish Archer....El Bow..for those not in the know lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and PeteRS3lee
My tt does my ****** head in every time l park in the driveway...am l far enough away from the side of the house....l ask myself waiting game for me l can't wait to give it the Spanish Archer....El Bow..for those not in the know lol

Mine is a length problem 4 “ to spare on shutting the door although girth ain’t much better have to fold mirrors in with the A7
Got it wrong once on first trip in the garage
If it goes wrong again think the rs3 is well back on the cards

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Yes the TT doors are huge - I had the same with my S5.

it was a revelation when I got the sportback as the front doors made such a difference to everyday use.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan
Mine is a length problem 4 “ to spare on shutting the door although girth ain’t much better have to fold mirrors in with the A7
Got it wrong once on first trip in the garage
If it goes wrong again think the rs3 is well back on the cards

You so KNOW you are going to HAVE to get the RS3 now, especially after your 13 months of threads Pete…oh and your forum username says so

• Haha
You so KNOW you are going to HAVE to get the RS3 now, especially after your 13 months of threads Pete…oh and your forum username says so

I know
I’ve just got to try and hate this a7
Really struggling to do so
Here is my problem

Popped into the Audi dealership just down the road from me out of curiosity.....slim pickings to be honest they had 2 s-line 8Y saloon cars and one sportback l still cant can't over that interior and the front end don't think I ever will, l dislike my car but not that much ...to jump to a new model Audi and l can't see how Audi can improve that interior on the RS3 to merit its price tag You can make exceptions in cars overall design ie you can really like the interior and turn a blind eye/accept some exterior dislikes and vice versa but when a car has both its difficult to overlook

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Popped into the Audi dealership just down the road from me out of curiosity.....slim pickings to be honest they had 2 s-line 8Y saloon cars and one sportback l still cant can't over that interior and the front end don't think I ever will, l dislike my car but not that much ...to jump to a new model Audi and l can't see how Audi can improve that interior on the RS3 to merit its price tag You can make exceptions in cars overall design ie you can really like the interior and turn a blind eye/accept some exterior dislikes and vice versa but when a car has both its difficult to overlook

interesting comments and maybe I’ll feel the same when I inspect one up close - but the RS may lift things a notch or two inside / outside and that engine & exhaust certainly will ... so we will see

I don’t think the dealers have a lot of interesting stock atm - I checked jct600 dealers near me and not a single S3 between them or many s or rs cars in general ... loads of a6 & a7’s though - standard ones ?!?!

interesting comments and maybe I’ll feel the same when I inspect one up close - but the RS may lift things a notch or two inside / outside and that engine & exhaust certainly will ... so we will see

I don’t think the dealers have a lot of interesting stock atm - I checked jct600 dealers near me and not a single S3 between them or many s or rs cars in general ... loads of a6 & a7’s though - standard ones ?!?!

Lol they ain’t gonna change that dash except for the VC graphics.

Seats are a variant of what they are putting in a lot of new VAG models and will probably be like the RSQ3 current sports seats.

It’ll sound muted I’ll bet.

The only area I can see improvement is in that trick rear Diff and the way it helps the car perform through the twisty bits.

Those headlights need to go back on an Q8 and some smaller items fitted to get the proportions better on the front.

Lol they ain’t gonna change that dash except for the VC graphics.

Seats are a variant of what they are putting in a lot of new VAG models and will probably be like the RSQ3 current sports seats.

It’ll sound muted I’ll bet.

The only area I can see improvement is in that trick rear Diff and the way it helps the car perform through the twisty bits.

Those headlights need to go back on an Q8 and some smaller items fitted to get the proportions better on the front.

Audi have never really embraced nicer seats for the S3 or RS3 though have they - always a variant of the s line seats.

it will be interesting to see how the car does sound.
In the video's it does sound reasonable on the inside and outside - so I am hoping it will way better than the Dyson but know it won't be like my last RS3.
A more palatable switch for me potentially than yourself with a great sounding facelift - gonna be a tough call where you go next

Reactions: 8YARWY
It is a real shame all these cars sound so muted (RS, M's, AMG etc). My wife's new Abarth 595 has an awesome exhaust note (not fake!), so it can be done.

Attachments

• Abarth1.jpg
    Abarth1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Abarth2.jpg
    Abarth2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Abarth3.jpg
    Abarth3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: SPIKE_, 8YARWY, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
It is a real shame all these cars sound so muted (RS, M's, AMG etc). My wife's new Abarth 595 has an awesome exhaust note (not fake!), so it can be done.

That what is so baffling isn't it - how the hell do the likes of Ferrari / Lambo manage it ... maybe its an italian thing if the Abarth can do it :)

Cool car :icon thumright:

That what is so baffling isn't it - how the hell do the likes of Ferrari / Lambo manage it ... maybe its an italian thing if the Abarth can do it :)

Cool car :icon thumright:
A lot of car makers have joined other car manufacturers who mainly don't produce performance car Tesla and Ferrari for instance so tesla being all electric and Ferrari all high performance...letting Ferrari do what they do car manufacturers have to make so many cars that meet the requirements set out by the emissions laws

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

Shame he doesn’t get the engine designation code correct EA850 erm try EA855

It’s always funny how they slag off the old model (bar the interior on this article I noted) when a ‘slightly’ improved model is launched.

And some owners of the current 8V platform are thinking the opposite, in that what we have we hold…..

Shame he doesn’t get the engine designation code correct EA850 erm try EA855

It’s always funny how they slag off the old model (bar the interior on this article I noted) when a ‘slightly’ improved model is launched.

And some owners of the current 8V platform are thinking the opposite, in that what we have we hold…..

The 8v was never highly regarded for its handling prowess though was it and the wider front tyres to correct some over steer was an unusual move.
It never bothered me though as I don't rag cars on UK roads like they are race tracks - the rs3 as an overall package is just such a great car imo.
I could get enjoyment from 0 to 30 mph in a built up area just hearing that soundtrack resonate off the buildings ... awesome :sunglasses:

The 8v was never highly regarded for its handling prowess though was it and the wider front tyres to correct some over steer was an unusual move.
It never bothered me though as I don't rag cars on UK roads like they are race tracks - the rs3 as an overall package is just such a great car imo.
I could get enjoyment from 0 to 30 mph in a built up area just hearing that soundtrack resonate off the buildings ... awesome :sunglasses:

I think you’d need to be doing something really crazy to lose it.

I think you’d need to be doing something really crazy to lose it.

Yeah I agree.
I got some hot laps around Cadwell during the launch of the 8v and believe me the RS3 took those tight corners really well.
Although the pirelli tyres were shredded by 12 noon doing hot laps from 9am.
They were literally worn out and they had to go change the fronts, it was a hot day though :)

Jjjj

Reactions: 8YARWY