13 months on

Yeah good point on the R8 ... even in white eh :tearsofjoy:

I must say, I would have considered turbo blue, but your comments have put me off.

Typical Audi, all the other colours are too whacky or same old same old.

I would really like to go exclusive but no idea how long that could extend the lead time by - how long did they quote you extra on the TTS mate ?
Instead of End of April it would have been October so nearly 6 months longer but it all depends on when you order it normally its only 4-5 months for a car in an Exclusive paint but normally it's only 3 months for any factory order..but as you know it's not normal time we're living in lol if you don't mind The wait and don't mind getting any discount l would order it when it's available to do so get it for next spring??? Not this year no chance

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Instead of End of April it would have been October so nearly 6 months longer but it all depends on when you order it normally its only 4-5 months for a car in an Exclusive paint but normally it's only 3 months for any factory order..but as you know it's not normal time we're living in lol if you don't mind The wait and don't mind getting any discount l would order it when it's available to do so get it for next spring??? Not this year no chance

Crikey 6 extra months is a bit excessive isn't it.
As you say, timescales are unreliable enough as it is, adding an exclusive may muddy the waters even further !
I'm leaning towards daytona grey.
It is a nice pearl grey and I have pondered it a few times plus i think it would help blend in the black gloss front grille surround quite a bit.

As you say, timescales are unreliable enough as it is, adding an exclusive may muddy the waters even further !
It is a nice pearl grey and I have pondered it a few times plus i think it would help blend in the black gloss front grille surround quite a bit.
The front of the new RS3 will be a stonechip magnet with all that gloss black plastic surrounding the hugely over-sized grill defo needs PPF

Don't forget Ara Blue :laughing:

Just seen that Archie Hamilton as put a deposit on a Carbon edition Rs3 £59k and I believe the Vorsprung is even more expensive .

Archie Hamilton.....I can't explain the rage I feel whenever I see that guy pretending he's excited about getting a new car.

Some thoughts:

Alu Trim - Really curious to see how this looks. I am going to assume the whole front of the car is not going to be silver!

Black Trim - Remmeber Matt black and Gloss black are both available; again so far we have only seen gloss black.

Build Time - With orders opening in Germany soon and looking like August in the UK we would expect November delivery of first UK cars and press cars. However due to the computer chip shortage I have been told that customer cars will arrive early next year. Of course this doesn’t stop some coming in sooner.

Archie Hamilton - It is clickbait; well technically it isn’t because he placed a deposit BUT it is to get views and as has been noted already there is no spec or pricing so he is literally talking rubbish in his video.

Having said all that seeing as I too have asked me dealer to put me down for the first car they have maybe I should make a video saying I have ordered one…

Reactions: NevMan
No more videos please.

To much click bait nonsense as there is.

First this , first to do that. Get a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more videos please.

To much click bait nonsense as there is.

First this , first to do that. Get a life.

That was sarcasm; however like it or not channels grow based on clicks; and clicks get more access to more cars and allow those channels to buy new cars.

I am not a fan of his videos like this but I may well make one myself as worst case scenario no one watches it and best case many people do watch it! But either way I won’t post that video here if I do make it! LOL

Some thoughts:

Alu Trim - Really curious to see how this looks. I am going to assume the whole front of the car is not going to be silver!

Black Trim - Remmeber Matt black and Gloss black are both available; again so far we have only seen gloss black.

Build Time - With orders opening in Germany soon and looking like August in the UK we would expect November delivery of first UK cars and press cars. However due to the computer chip shortage I have been told that customer cars will arrive early next year. Of course this doesn’t stop some coming in sooner.

Archie Hamilton - It is clickbait; well technically it isn’t because he placed a deposit BUT it is to get views and as has been noted already there is no spec or pricing so he is literally talking rubbish in his video.

Having said all that seeing as I too have asked me dealer to put me down for the first car they have maybe I should make a video saying I have ordered one…
Folks on the 8Y forum have a waiting list as long as your arm .... well into 2022 for orders placed a few months ago so don't believe it for a minute the'll deliver RS3's to customers this year

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Folks on the 8Y forum have a waiting list as long as your arm .... well into 2022 for orders placed a few months ago so don't believe it for a minute the'll deliver RS3's to customers this year

Boooooo don’t say that, let us thrive on blind hope for a little while :)

Reactions: SPIKE_

If it delays rubbish boring You Tubers making nonsense videos about things they read on a forum I’m all for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Build dates don't even exist mate Audi ain't committing to them....go buy a TTRS Mucho faster and you'll get a £7k discount well it was £7k the last time l looked

Or the Cayman GT4 but that's not a daily runaround

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-182949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-182949_Chrome.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Just go black
That grill just disappears
My choice looks awesome in black

Archie Hamilton.....I can't explain the rage I feel whenever I see that guy pretending he's excited about getting a new car.

Hate this ****
I hate trolls too but think I’d make an exception to this massive C##T
I might become one

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Build dates don't even exist mate Audi ain't committing to them....go buy a TTRS Mucho faster and you'll get a £7k discount well it was £7k the last time l looked

Or the Cayman GT4 but that's not a daily runaround

yeah I know - delivery date will be well in the air.

the cayman gt4 does interest me quite a bit but rear wheel drive just puts me off after having Quattro / 4wd for so many years now plus the dash tech ain’t up there with Audi ... but that 4.0 litre engine sounds to be a peach. I’ve had a 2 seater before many moons ago (Nissan 350z) and wasn’t an issue but again I like the practicality of a 4 door car as coupe doors (as you know lol) are HUGE :)

saying that TT rear seats aren’t really usable are they and I’ve had 2 of those too.

Reactions: Jassyo06
yeah I know - delivery date will be well in the air.

the cayman gt4 does interest me quite a bit but rear wheel drive just puts me off after having Quattro / 4wd for so many years now plus the dash tech ain’t up there with Audi ... but that 4.0 litre engine sounds to be a peach. I’ve had a 2 seater before many moons ago (Nissan 350z) and wasn’t an issue but again I like the practicality of a 4 door car as coupe doors (as you know lol) are HUGE :)

saying that TT rear seats aren’t really usable are they and I’ve had 2 of those too.
It's too expensive mate it really is not worth the money and all the trim/colour options that are on show they won't come to the uk just like the similar trim/options on the launch of the S3 didn’t arrive here without these its a dull interior indeed

It's too expensive mate it really is not worth the money and all the trim/colour options that are on show they won't come to the uk just like the similar trim/options on the launch of the S3 didn’t arrive here without these its a dull interior indeed

possibly ... let’s see how things play out I guess

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Doesn’t give faith reading these comments from Audi Uk Facebook RS3 posting

5a5ff7044ab9051a80a7a21a0c5bf7bd.png

037424ce006991af8ffacca0ea1b9479.png

2911fc0f7cb94d0f50acb111073692c9.png

82d56520ab96b269008badfddd05ad33.png

15ab47fa8561c5ef8313a76a3e801fda.png

b26781d622d35d011e2eb29d009463a3.png

I put a pre order deposit down few weeks back interestingly they had a estimated delivery date which I would say is horseshit
Screenshot 20210619 104737 Outlook

I put a pre order deposit down few weeks back interestingly they had a estimated delivery date which I would say is horseshit View attachment 240099

Maybe not. Given they are “saying” available to order/spec from Aug with deliveries towards the end of the year.

Would imagine they (Audi) would probably prioritise RS models over others, but who knows.

Reactions: Rhurs
Do you know cost of car yet + options?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
No they didn't have official pricing and no idea about options looks like another month before its available to officially order have asked if they get early access to the configurator but haven't got back to me yet

Maybe not. Given they are “saying” available to order/spec from Aug with deliveries towards the end of the year.

Would imagine they (Audi) would probably prioritise RS models over others, but who knows.
I was thinking I'd be lucky if I seen it before the end of the year

I was thinking I'd be lucky if I seen it before the end of the year

Probably a good mindset to have
What are you thinking colour and spec wise? Or going to wait for configurator?

Reactions: Rhurs
Probably a good mindset to have
What are you thinking colour and spec wise? Or going to wait for configurator?
At the moment I'm between red and black there's a quick configurator on audi.de that let's you look at colour and wheel combos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-212445_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-212445_Chrome.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210721-212425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-212425_Chrome.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20210721-212236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-212236_Chrome.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210721-212304_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-212304_Chrome.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 65
Red looks good - but just not for me.

Black looks good but FAR TOO MUCH time needed to keep it clean.

Need a Floret Silver option
You thinking Daytona or Glacier?

I do like Kyalami, but that is quite a statement…love the matching stitching and accents on the seats you can get.

Think I like Kemora, but not sure

Hi Guys

Sorry, just registered and looking for new RS3 info. Checked this morning and the full german configurator is on Audi.de

https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a3/rs-3-sportback/zusammenfassung.html

Also got a price list too (obviously in German).

You can spec the Aluminium trim (not normally my favourite) but its fairly subtle.

Choice of colours is a total let down, I was hoping for a great metallic blue like Sepang, Nogaro or Ultra Blue (as per RS6).

Its a little frustrating to know we could all spec an ideal RS3 in german with what we actually want on it, but we will be stuck with what Audi UK think is a good spec when it finally appears on our configurator.

Attachments

• RS3 Price list (german).pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 262
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Untitled

So many options on the german configurator, really hope Audi UK don't let us down. That rear carbon spoiler looks lethal.

Reactions: NevMan and Rhurs
Colour choice is poor on most of the Audi models. Assuming you can spec an exclusive colour for 2400. I did this once, choosing Sepang on a B8 S4.

Hi guys

New to the forums and I really want the new RS3, so I spec'd 1 on Audi.de translating the page into English and my price was 76,000 Euros which is around £65k UK!! I didn't even select all options, not sure I can stretch that far so hoping Audi UK will have some combination packages or extras on the carbon edition to save some cash. What do people think are must haves?

Need a Floret Silver option
You thinking Daytona or Glacier?

I do like Kyalami, but that is quite a statement…love the matching stitching and accents on the seats you can get.

Think I like Kemora, but not sure

If floret silver was an option I would go for it again in a heartbeat.
Closest is daytona grey or glacier white so yes they are my choices.
I may go daytona as current car is white and daytona does suit RS models.

Just spoke to the sales guy I deal with at Oldham Audi he said they are taking £500 pre order deposits for the new RS3 but
they don't expect to see customer cars for 9 month after the configurator starts

Hi Guys

Sorry, just registered and looking for new RS3 info. Checked this morning and the full german configurator is on Audi.de

https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a3/rs-3-sportback/zusammenfassung.html

Also got a price list too (obviously in German).

You can spec the Aluminium trim (not normally my favourite) but its fairly subtle.

Choice of colours is a total let down, I was hoping for a great metallic blue like Sepang, Nogaro or Ultra Blue (as per RS6).

Its a little frustrating to know we could all spec an ideal RS3 in german with what we actually want on it, but we will be stuck with what Audi UK think is a good spec when it finally appears on our configurator.
Great find on the pdf and updated web site.
Agree on the front alu splitter - it does look quite good doesn't it and I'm not normally a fan either BUT ...
I think it insists you have the side window cappings in alu which I would not want.

Just spoke to the sales guy I deal with at Oldham Audi he said they are taking £500 pre order deposits for the new RS3 but
they don't expect to see customer cars for 9 month after the configurator starts

Crikey !

Well the deed is done and a car is on order.
Spec to be finalised when available to do so.
Delivery ..... god only knows lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: SPIKE_, Terminator x, Rhurs and 1 other person
Well the deed is done and a car is on order.
Spec to be finalised when available to do so.
Delivery ..... god only knows lol :tearsofjoy:

I think we could all see it coming it was only a matter of time :laughing: Congrats

I am interested gonna crunch the numbers when the config opens and should have a decent deposit with my car being paid off .

Looking forward to seeing your spec :icon thumright:

I think we could all see it coming it was only a matter of time :laughing: Congrats

I am interested gonna crunch the numbers when the config opens and should have a decent deposit with my car being paid off .

Looking forward to seeing your spec :icon thumright:

cheers pal ... yeah I’m quite excited now even though it could literally be well into next year when I get the thing. I just missed that 5 pot too much, even though the new one will be more muted than my previous RS3, from the vids it still sounds good.

Im gonna get a fully loaded spec as plan to keep this car for at least 4 years again as my last RS3: buy the right car & spec it right and it’s a keeper :)

so will be vorsprung and then see if anything else I need to add.

Be cool if you join the ‘wait club’ too :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
View attachment 240116

So many options on the german configurator, really hope Audi UK don't let us down. That rear carbon spoiler looks lethal.
That Carbon rear spoiler Audi will add around £50 bangers a month to a pcp they charge £550 for Carbon door mirror covers so the rear wing will be over £2000