13 months on

Yeah but those fancy dancing patterns on start up and shut down look absolutely spectacular !
The front matrix system on the 8v and on the TT do a little jig as well "curtain closers"but it's done by the actual matrix modules not the drls like in the 8Y which is just as effective...there is nowt new about the 8Y over the 8v mate bar the cascading rear light effect but this novelty wears off after awhile...like in my TT rear lights but Matrix lights are a must have where l live

Panroof
Nice alloys
Interior design pack
Comfort and sound pack
Matrix Candles
Ideal spec

Reactions: SPIKE_ and NevMan
The front matrix system on the 8v and on the TT do a little jig as well "curtain closers"but it's done by the actual matrix modules not the drls like in the 8Y which is just as effective...there is nowt new about the 8Y over the 8v mate bar the cascading rear light effect but this novelty wears off after awhile...like in my TT rear lights but Matrix lights are a must have where l live

Panroof
Nice alloys
Interior design pack
Comfort and sound pack
Matrix Candles
Ideal spec

agree on the above plus:
Sports exhaust

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Massage Snake

f539202a5ac270570d6d9ff2fc3761e6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that massage from the seats or the German lady who stroked the 5 cyl on YT?

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
sounds better again with the sports exhaust :icon thumright:

Go standard exhaust and PCWMod for £300 off bangers, save a fortune and will sound WAY better with backbox mod, and if you want louder he can mod the Resonator

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
This link likely to work

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Waiting on the configurator. Was interested in an M3 as can get NHS discount through family. Sadly not available through Audi :( Am rather taken by a Kermit Green (Wife's description) Saloon. Currently without car so got to start the great save for deposit!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I would say the sports exhaust won't add much drama at all given how strangled the exhaust systems are now
Just seems like a good option to try and get as much sound as possible from 5 Cylinder

I've been busy studying the RSQ3 on Audi UK configurator. Do the experts think that the RS3 will basically follow a similar spec and trim selection.

I had a sudden flash that what I needed in my car was red edged seatbelts, so if the RS Design Plus Pack doesn't become an option I may need to re-consider. Do you think they were waiting for RS3 to offer the UK market that option. I know it was previously offered on 8V RS3. Or is this part of the policy that they just drop any option that has never been that popular and do the stupid trim levels, because its easier for them.

I think in the current climate / shortages of parts / used cars increasing in price / RS models never commanding much discount - it may take some time for any meaningful discount to materialise, if at all - I would say in all seriousness that with many materials and commodities continuing to increase in price, there is a fair chance that prices could increase on the cars as time goes on thus negating any discount if you were able to get any. Either way do not expect anything meaningful off an RS car. But on the flip side they do hold their value way more than any other variants. My last RS3 retained 70% of its value after owning it for 4 years :icon thumright:
Yes the retained value is part of the attraction especially as we enter the Petrol/Electric transition phase. My thoughts are better to have something that other people/enthusiasts would want rather than a run of mill model that won't keep people's interest down the line.

Yes I think early on will definitely be limited discounts, but I notice other RS models do attractive discount, but obviously no where near 15% like a Golf R. So maybe a single figure discount perhaps if you get them on a good day and they are trying to hit that quarterly sales bonus?:thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I've been busy studying the RSQ3 on Audi UK configurator. Do the experts think that the RS3 will basically follow a similar spec and trim selection.

I had a sudden flash that what I needed in my car was red edged seatbelts, so if the RS Design Plus Pack doesn't become an option I may need to re-consider. Do you think they were waiting for RS3 to offer the UK market that option. I know it was previously offered on 8V RS3. Or is this part of the policy that they just drop any option that has never been that popular and do the stupid trim levels, because its easier for them.
The German market gets the Full Monty of trim and individuals options across all S/RS cars plus the Edition 1 S3 As l have said before they held back the 8y S3 red interior design package probably an addition on a MY model update but l think the red design pack will be available as a option on UK cars £1250 est.... dont know so much about the Kermit one??? would like to think that a blue interior design pack will come along as well
Personally i would like a matt aluminium trimmed car as the gloss black Q8 styled front is OTT

UK models should get a higher standard of equipment than previously seen in the 8v, the RS3 in the UK is normally around £6k to £7k more than the equivalent S3 variants but l think the 8y RS3 will be more expensive base price £51k???

There is a matt aluminium pack - but it adds aluminium contrast as in these photos and around the window frames.
Screenshot 2021 07 23 at 184124
Screenshot 2021 07 23 at 184135

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I've heard they are building sportbacks 1st and giving those priority :blow:

And you lie

Will bring mine to show you what you will have to wait for might even let you have a closer look at the interior if I open the window

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Nothing in it Glen considering the cost of it back in 2018 OPF cars but you'll get the same 5 cylinder sound piped into the Cabin SO BEST TO TURN UP THE BASS on the Bang & Olufsen.....lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I thought we already knew the base prices. £50.900 for sport back and £51,900 for saloon?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I thought we already knew the base prices. £50.900 for sport back and £51,900 for saloon?

I don't think any of us actually read the UK site as it doesn't have a live configurator!
Good catch!

So essentially the base costs £4k less than my almost fully loaded 2018. And I had a discount so it is actually only £1k less.

The key question here is does the UK model include as standard any features not on German models? and are the different trims better value? We don't know that yet.

EDIT:

3 Trims; two of them are Vorsprung & Carbon and I guess Standard RS3 Trim

RS Sports Seats Standard

Last edited:

I GUESSED RIGHT THEN.....lol

I don't think any of us actually read the UK site as it doesn't have a live configurator!
Good catch!

So essentially the base costs £4k less than my almost fully loaded 2018. And I had a discount so it is actually only £1k less.

The key question here is does the UK model include as standard any features not on German models? and are the different trims better value? We don't know that yet.

EDIT:

3 Trims; two of them are Vorsprung & Carbon and I guess Standard Trim

RS Sports Seats Standard
Carbon edition really.....!!!

Dealer said three trims. Standard, carbon and Vorsprung with one maybe coming available slightly later. Also hinted at performance variant later in the cycle. Maybe that’s why they kept the same power level.

Reactions: Terminator x
Good catch!

EDIT:

3 Trims; two of them are Vorsprung & Carbon and I guess Standard RS3 Trim

RS Sports Seats Standard
Sport Seats, power folding heated dimmimg door mirrors,privacy glass,12-5" VC and probably multi coloured interior lighting...HOPEFULLY...No alcantara steering wheel

Dealer said three trims. Standard, carbon and Vorsprung with one maybe coming available slightly later. Also hinted at performance variant later in the cycle. Maybe that’s why they kept the same power level.

Performance version is a pipe dream

I heard this TTS tonight it sounds ****** good pops and crackles at stand still even better as it pulled away especially for the EA888 320 variant
Never heard my car as a bystander lol

Attachments

• 20210723_185943.jpg
    20210723_185943.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 79
  • 20210723_185943.jpg
    20210723_185943.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83
im not usually one for Ali trim but that looks good and it does go great with Daytona grey BUT ... I don’t want it on the window cappings, I want those black.
And what Glen wants Glen gets....lol

• Haha
I heard this TTS tonight it sounds ****** good pops and crackles at stand still even better as it pulled away especially for the EA888 320 variant
Never heard my car as a bystander lol

yeah I think the TTS is one of the best 4 pots.
thats looks damn good
I do like a white car
Surprised you don’t mate :)

Reactions: Jassyo06

I just hope there's not daft little compromises like there is with the RS6 between the carbon trim and the vorsprung trim for example you can't seem to spec the pan roof on the carbon trim version of the rs6......for the most part I'm actually glad everything is compressed as the German configurator is TOO detailed to a fault but I don't want the UK options to be have silly things missing from each trim level.

I just hope there's not daft little compromises like there is with the RS6 between the carbon trim and the vorsprung trim for example you can't seem to spec the pan roof on the carbon trim version of the rs6......for the most part I'm actually glad everything is compressed as the German configurator is TOO detailed to a fault but I don't want the UK options to be have silly things missing from each trim level.
I’m hoping it’s a case of selecting the vorsprung and everything’s included as in the S3 and TTS / TTRS.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Performance version is a pipe dream

The giveaway will be in the back of the handbook where they list the power / torque variants. The golf R has a higher powered EA888 listed.
Maybe Audi will do the same.

My guess is they’ll save it for the FL in 2024.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
I’m hoping it’s a case of selecting the vorsprung and everything’s included as in the S3 and TTS / TTRS.
I think it will be for the most part BUT if there is a carbon option (which there isn't on the S3 and TTRS) I think it force any potential customers into choosing between some options...for example I think any carbon edition will come with black roof rails but no ability to spec a pan roof.....likewise the vorsprung edition may have the black optics package but no option for a carbon rear spoiler which maybe included in the carbon edition.....and the design pack (green/red accenting and alcantara wheel) could be missing from the carbon edition.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
I’m just having the spec you have
Only it will be a lot sooner than you
84aab821740fcb3cc7e263a802fbf637.jpg

Dream on ... I’m gonna get mine first I just know it lol - so you need to mentally prepare yourself for that :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: PeteRS3lee