13 months on

Dream on ... I’m gonna get mine first I just know it lol - so you need to mentally prepare yourself for that :tearsofjoy:

Hilarious
Mind you if Audi Stratford don’t return my calls they can whistle
Take my business elsewhere
Probably ingolstadt and drive it home from factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Dream on ... I’m gonna get mine first I just know it lol - so you need to mentally prepare yourself for that :tearsofjoy:
A think....erm...no l know you two are mental and have lost the plot so no preparation is required lol

• Haha
Hilarious
Mind you if Audi Stratford don’t return my calls they can whistle
Take my business elsewhere
Probably ingolstadt and drive it home from factory

i reckon they’ve forgot about your pre-order as it was so long ago and since took so many orders the last week they’re full now & don’t wanna break the bad news to you :tearsofjoy:

I remember going into audi Hamilton to get my service done on my 8v think it was last October and l mentioned l was interested in the 8Y S3 Vorsprung to a sales guy he took my details sure enough around the start of the year he phoned me but by then l had saw the 8Y S3 rest is history....l would never buy a car or order one l hadn't seen first hand

i reckon they’ve forgot about your pre-order as it was so long ago and since took so many orders the last week they’re full now & don’t wanna break the bad news to you :tearsofjoy:

Again
Hilarious
If you don’t want to wait the 12 months more than mine for your order to turn you can buy mine for a 10k mark up
Bargain

• Haha
I’m hoping it’s a case of selecting the vorsprung and everything’s included as in the S3 and TTS / TTRS.
The TTRS Vorsprung isn't fully loaded mate the RS design/extended RS design packs are expensive options as are the red brake calipers
Vorsprung models will have the Drivers Assistance pack,panoramic roof self parking,matrix candles,Audi phone box,mag ride interior design pack will an be an option but
I wouldn't do a Vorsprung again full of stuff rarely utilized

Open in chrome and it’ll translate.

I thought we already knew the base prices. £50.900 for sport back and £51,900 for saloon?

I don't think any of us actually read the UK site as it doesn't have a live configurator!
Good catch!

So essentially the base costs £4k less than my almost fully loaded 2018. And I had a discount so it is actually only £1k less.

The key question here is does the UK model include as standard any features not on German models? and are the different trims better value? We don't know that yet.

EDIT:

3 Trims; two of them are Vorsprung & Carbon and I guess Standard RS3 Trim

RS Sports Seats Standard

That was a great spot @kayemill. Yes this is what I’d picked up reading the RS3 articles on car websites.

Although, as well as standard trim, carbon they also suggested launch Edition, then Vorsprung. Also Evo said the 174 mph derestriction would be on the Launch and Vorsprung models. Evo talked about adaptive damper# probably being standard but I can’t see that ( Did 8v RS3 Saloon have them as standard but Sportback was an option?)

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/audi/rs3/

That was a great spot @kayemill. Yes this is what I’d picked up reading the RS3 articles on car websites.

Although, as well as standard trim, carbon they also suggested launch Edition, then Vorsprung. Also Evo said the 174 mph derestriction would be on the Launch and Vorsprung models. Evo talked about adaptive damper# probably being standard but I can’t see that ( Did 8v RS3 Saloon have them as standard but Sportback was an option?)

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/audi/rs3/
Yes the 8V has adaptive dampers (DCC) as standard on the FL - I don’t know about the PFL.

Really what we want is the drift mode (RS Torque Rear) as standard and not a 6500EURO option!
Whilst I doubt I will ever use it I feel like buying an RS3 8Y without will badly effect resale value.

Yes the 8V has adaptive dampers (DCC) as standard on the FL - I don’t know about the PFL.

Really what we want is the drift mode (RS Torque Rear) as standard and not a 6500EURO option!
Whilst I doubt I will ever use it I feel like buying an RS3 8Y without will badly effect resale value.

The FL Mag ride was an option.

It later became a pack with sports exhaust and active TPMS.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The FL Mag ride was an option.

It later became a pack with sports exhaust and active TPMS.

Magnetic dampers where always an option on the RS3 sportback but l am sure they where standard on the RS3 Saloon or maybe l am getting myself confused about the Saloon S3 which had them standard 8y doesn't
The more l watch videos of the car the more l am reminded why l didn't like it in the first place its the front end ie from reg plate holder right back to the bottom of the windscreen cowl its ungainly from most angles side on l think Audi have gone Q8 style to try and disguise the pout trout front and the overly sized headlights but seeing it first hand is always the decision maker
Externally the 8v FL is the better looking car far more elegant looking and its still highly desirable

Magnetic dampers where always an option on the RS3 sportback but l am sure they where standard on the RS3 Saloon or maybe l am getting myself confused about the Saloon S3 which had them standard 8y doesn't
The more l watch videos of the car the more l am reminded why l didn't like it in the first place its the front end ie from reg plate holder right back to the bottom of the windscreen cowl its ungainly from most angles side on l think Audi have gone Q8 style to try and disguise the pout trout front and the overly sized headlights but seeing it first hand is always the decision maker
Externally the 8v FL is the better looking car far more elegant looking and its still highly desirable

When I bought mine I was offered 2 cars that literally just came off the transporter one was a Nardo with everything I wanted spec wise except Mag Ride and the other was the Glacier white I bought that had the Mag Ride.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Stratford Audi finally called me this morning
Will be heading there when the configurator opens up mid august
Good job as I’m off for 3 weeks then
I’m 100% in
Just so I can **** mr pliskin off
That’s 65k ish just to have 1 over on you
Madness
04a43d47b1bbfac29270a258af6fb744.jpg

Not these wheels though

• Haha
Are there any warranty friendly performance upgrades for the RS3?

Too thick to turn off Tapatalk signature

Are there any warranty friendly performance upgrades for the RS3?

Too thick to turn off Tapatalk signature

Barley afford what the vorsprung will come with let alone throwing more cash at it

My cash cow days are done after this purchase as I’m buying it outright

Reactions: 3vans
Waiting on the configurator. Was interested in an M3 as can get NHS discount through family. Sadly not available through Audi :( Am rather taken by a Kermit Green (Wife's description) Saloon. Currently without car so got to start the great save for deposit!
Matt if you have immediate family in NHS sign up for Health service discounts for access to Motor Source NHS discount or Blue light card for Motorfinity.
My wife is NHS so I phoned them both and both are sure discounts will be available as soon as the configurator opens up and I can give them a code to quote on.
Time will tell but that’s what I am waiting for.
Motor source said Audi is one of their biggest contracts, through Audi Lincoln.
Main Dealers don’t know about these deals - I suspect because they would loose the commission!
You do need to prove proper eligibility.

Reactions: MattW and NevMan
Matt if you have immediate family in NHS sign up for Health service discounts for access to Motor Source NHS discount or Blue light card for Motorfinity.
My wife is NHS so I phoned them both and both are sure discounts will be available as soon as the configurator opens up and I can give them a code to quote on.
Time will tell but that’s what I am waiting for.
Motor source said Audi is one of their biggest contracts, through Audi Lincoln.
Main Dealers don’t know about these deals - I suspect because they would loose the commission!
You do need to prove proper eligibility.
I've tried with MotorSourceGroup. My Mum is a pensioner and sister is a nurse but they won't allow it. BMW will allow my Mum's pension statement as proof and MotorSource will allow Nissan and Mercedes but Audi is immediate family only I understand.

Can get 19k off an X3M or 11k off a a new M3 :(

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
Stratford Audi finally called me this morning
Will be heading there when the configurator opens up mid august
Good job as I’m off for 3 weeks then
I’m 100% in
Just so I can **** mr pliskin off
That’s 65k ish just to have 1 over on you
Madness
04a43d47b1bbfac29270a258af6fb744.jpg

Not these wheels though

I really hope when we get to month 17 and/or 18months that you’ve got your car.

I think the forum will explode if you haven’t got your car by then

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee
I really hope when we get to month 17 and/or 18months that you’ve got your car.

I think the forum will explode if you haven’t got your car by then

I certainly will be exploding
Every one else will just roll around ******* themselves
Mother *******

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
I've tried with MotorSourceGroup. My Mum is a pensioner and sister is a nurse but they won't allow it. BMW will allow my Mum's pension statement as proof and MotorSource will allow Nissan and Mercedes but Audi is immediate family only I understand.

Can get 19k off an X3M or 11k off a a new M3 :(

Well there you go then…

Just the same usual suspects chatting **** about a car they have no intention of buying.. :blahblah1:

In other news, I love it and will be a nice upgrade from my S3 8V and 8Y. What's this about discounts through Blue Light Card? I work for the NHS so any discount is obviously more than welcome.

Just the same usual suspects chatting **** about a car they have no intention of buying.. :blahblah1:

In other news, I love it and will be a nice upgrade from my S3 8V and 8Y. What's this about discounts through Blue Light Card? I work for the NHS so any discount is obviously more than welcome.

Reactions: HulkRS3
The NHS Scheme seems too good to be true. The dealers I've spoke to have the attitude to a discount of "We don't need to discount the RS models - they sell themselves and we can't get enough of them". So my sister and her partner both work in the NHS. Are we saying that if she bought the car for me, I might get 6k off !

Excellent ... come on in and join us in the waiting lounge - there is a great coffee machine and plenty of biscuits :)

I see you previoulsy had a S3 in daytona - that is what I have gone for on the RS .. how have you found it ?

What colour you thinking of for the RS ?

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Excellent ... come on in and join us in the waiting lounge - there is a great coffee machine and plenty of biscuits :)

I see you previoulsy had a S3 in daytona - that is what I have gone for on the RS .. how have you found it ?

What colour you thinking of for the RS ?
As a paint, it was very robust and extremely hard wearing. Although mine was a completely different colour to most Daytona Greys. As stupid as that sounds, mine was much lighter than others. Was really weird.

I’m really liking Kylami green at the mo but will see what happens when it shows on configurator. Audi.de seem to have lots of colours but not sure what we will end up with.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Been away from here for a few months but put a deposit down on the new RS3 about two months back. Been looking for a new car and was considering a deposit on the 992 GTS due out soon, but decided I can’t justify £120k on a car when I’m now doing just 2k miles per year.

I’m a bit concerned that it will be quiet but then currently I am having to drive a knackered Golf diesel and 1994 Peugeot 306 S16, so anything will sound better than those pair!

Reactions: Sandra, PeteRS3lee, Jassyo06 and 1 other person