13 plates, industry gossip and rumours?

elton121272

Reaction score
Curious as to owners thoughts?

I've read that various manufacturers have reported an unexpected spike in Nov - Feb sales sales as many new car purchasers are preferring 62 and 63 plates to deliberately avoid the lucky 13?

Yes its true.
Sales guys I know in Ford, Volvo and even Aston M have reported the same.

Nout funny as folk..

Curious as to owners thoughts?

I've read that various manufacturers have reported an unexpected spike in Nov - Feb sales sales as many new car purchasers are preferring 62 and 63 plates to deliberately avoid the lucky 13?

The easy answer:

5058 H reg

Advantages are: (1) no one knows how old the car is, always leaves them wondering, (2) it can be investment - I've never known them depreciate, (3) apparently makes the car less nickable - so PC Plod tells me (and to date he's not been wrong), and (4) available (LOL) - see audi-sport.net Misc Sales...

If the dealers are really worried I'd be quite happy to drive around in a 13 plate R8 S-tronic for 6 months to show others it's safe... any interested dealers pm me lol

On speaking with Audi today, I believe the RS3 is now officially discontinued and no new orders can be placed.....got to be good for residuals.

I must be the odd one out then , as I was hoping mine'd be delayed until 2013 so I could get the reg "RS13 RED"

.. On second thoughts, would that just guarantee the car ending up as a ditch ornament?