140 tdi BKD - Juddering on/off ?

AudiA3JJ

Reaction score
Re: 140 tdi BKD - Juddering on/off ?

I've have the common BKD juddering on acceleration from 2k RPM on, the car starts absolutely fine its only on acceleration I have issues. Just wondered if anyone had experienced this problem being on/off - Example It can judder at the start of a journey (even warm ish) and 15miles later its fine - It can be ok for a few days, but then be juddering tw@t for few days too!
I've had it on VAG com and injector readings seemed normal with no faults logged, EGR readings were a bit high so I've now blanked off the EGR and not changed.

Thanks

mine does it a little sometimes in 6th coming up to 2000rpm. It makes max torque at 2200rpm and the torque rises rapidly before that point, so i thought mine was the Dual Mass flywheel grumbling a bit. mine makes 320lb/ft torque.

Clean your injectors it sorted juddering out on mine and the fuel cleaners didn't work on mine

Hi Mike, I tried fuel cleaners too with no luck. Was your judder worse on some days than others?
..For last two days has been fine but I can bet it'll soon start juddering tomorrow, I didn't think injectors could be on/off like that which makes me think mines more wiring problem in the loom. Strange I've never read if anyone's actually attempted to fix the looms opposed to just replacing!

Some days it was fine then some days dangerous as it would judder when overtaking and really shake the car like it was cutting power, after I had the injectors out I cleaned the nozzles with wire wooland I've never had a problem since. As for the cable I'd say it would be an easy fix but I don't think the part is that much n ull get a guarantee with the part. Just make sure you know how to bleed the system easy with vcds or you can slave the fuel pump with a battery it's under the back seats

Cheers Mike, will try give it a go. I'd buy a new loom but after booking a holiday, car service and car tax in one go I'm skint! lol ...Mines only been that bad once, the juddering was neck breaking and very sudden under load! ..since its just light, but v annoying when it does it.

If cleaning them fixes it u don't need a new loom be careful with the connection going into the rocker

Heard its tricky to get on / off. Did you buy a special tool to remove the injectors?

No just do it with the engine warm n loosen them a little n turn it over if they are stuck but don't loosen them off fully

Cheers Mike, looks like I won't need to do any of that now. Its fixed! And driving smoother than ever. I took it to halfords who were offering a fuel and oil service with fuel cleaners and flush for £72, and I had a genuine audi fuel filter fitted and its perfect!

It seems soo, fuel filter with all symptoms of a dodgy loom. Not that its any relevance now as it was written off on M62 three weeks ago when I got shunted at 50mph into 4 cars!!

Ouch, hope you are alright.

It was good of you to update the thread even though you no longer have the car!