16618 Boost pressure sensor issue

bonifacy87

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've got extremely weird issue with my sensor. I already replaced it and the error is still there. Now I get to details.
It only appears when I push my key in to switch ignition only without starting a car. If I do that with a clutch pressed to start a car the error is not there. I'm totally confused.
By the way the is 3,0 tdi.
Ps. It's been like this for a while. Sometimes free of error for several weeks and sometimes putting a car into limp mode like today.
And it never appeared while driving.

All help welcome.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Karl. No I haven't tried logging as I don't have an access to the vcds. I've checked a code before when the car was at the garage. The car is stock apart from egr blocked and inlet manifold flaps removed. It's strange as it doesn't appear when turbo is actually working so I hope there is nothing wrong with it. Do you how hard would to replace n75 valve on our cars.

If you have the EGR blocked and the manifold flaps removed it must have been mapped otherwise it would throw fault codes. With the EGR especially.
There is no N75 valve. The actuator for the VNT is on the turbo and is a servomotor controlled by the ECU.
The black box with the electrical connector on the turbo controls the VNT.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/94EAAOSw2x1XLyJ3/$_1.JPG

Bobby did everything for me but he didn't add any power to it. Only removed what I said earlier. Oh that sounds complicated. Could it be something wrong with servomotor? What would you advice?

I know it’s an old topic but unfortunately it started to happen again. 3rd MAP sensor this year. I did some reading and because and lots of ppl have this problem on vw cars. Apparently the earth points are the problem. Few ppl managed to fix just by cleaning them.

My question is. Does anyone one know where are the earth points on a4 b8 3.0tdi?