174k part ex for £3-4000 - sound about right?

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello, my car is a 2002 Audi S3 with 174000 miles. Looking at getting £3000-4000 on a part ex that sound about right or is it too much?

Is that what you've been offered or what you'd like them to offer? It depends what you're part exchanging against. Sounds a good starting point but the mileage will be the killer

although it's a 2002 so facelift, if you got £4k trade in I'd be VERY surprised given the mileage.

I asked my audi dealer what they'd give me trade in on my 170k A3 a few months back, and said said only £1k due to the mileage! as it's worth nothing to them on that mileage.

Yeah I spoke to a few dealers and at best I would get £3000 depending on condition etc. Mileage is the killer with my baby. Looking at trading it in against an S4 or R32 for £14k ish. Oh hum we will have to wait and see!!

might be better selling it private and get a better deal off the dealer. They will ony bang it out to a trader to sell on

jester to give you an idea someone with an 02 plate with 80k on would possibly be looking at between the 3-4k mark..... IF the car was nice condition

:beerchug:

3k to 4k for a 02 s3 dout that ...

looking at around 5-6k

yeah ok mad...go into a dealership with an 02 plate and see what happens...we are talking trade price here.... 5-6k trade? if you think you'd get that your seriously tapped

I think mad thought you meant £3-4000 in general, not by a dealer...or that's how i read it. I agree a dealer will always offer rock bottom, I'd never sell mine to a dealer unless it was fir a quick sale and I didn't mind trading in for peanuts...the mileage is always going to be a factor regardless who buys it, 175,000 is an awful lot, but it's nice to know there good for it...

yeah that right was on sleep mode ... lol

yeah ok mad...go into a dealership with an 02 plate and see what happens...we are talking trade price here.... 5-6k trade? if you think you'd get that your seriously tapped

it doesnt make it easy as you dont know without seeing the books and knowing how to value from them...it isnt a simple case of looking the value up...without the book you have to asssume they could be using margin to enhance your price, most likely reason is to stop you going elsewhere