17745 code

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Got this code after finally getting my Hybrid Eliminator on (cam position sensor short to ground) is this a definite wiring issue or is a new sensor needed? had a look at the wiring and it looks ok with no cuts etc, just puzzled why this should come up, ?
Tried clearing it numerous times and sometimes fails to start until cleared...

Got this code after finally getting my Hybrid Eliminator on (cam position sensor short to ground) is this a definite wiring issue or is a new sensor needed? had a look at the wiring and it looks ok with no cuts etc, just puzzled why this should come up, ?
Tried clearing it numerous times and sometimes fails to start until cleared...

I had a cam sensor issue a little while ago. I'll try and find the code I was getting. Luckily I'd kept the sensor from the AEB head I'd used, swapped them over and it's been fine ever since.

If you get stuck I'm pretty sure I've got one or 2 sensors knocking about ;)

Edit: just seen you've ordered one

Checked all the wiring right back to the ECU ..Perfect, looked at the timing it seemed spot on, double checked with the fly wheel mark and nowhere to be seen, turned it around a bit and voila it was there, for some reason the guys who put my engine in last year have made there own timing marks on the pulley...:no: the proper one was still there too...an inch away..

For the record it was 6 teeth out!!! its a wonder it started, and why the hell it came up with a short to ground code is beyond me...
Really annoyed over this and am ringing them up tomoz, as i could have smashed my engine to bits, there was another mark on the cam cover too, that i have just seen...

I didn't even bother to mention the actual timing Dave as I though there'd be no way a tunin company could have cocked that up! ***, I built my engine pi55ed up and still managed to get it right lol.