18 Month Check (free) check

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
Card through door today - Audi would like to do a free 18 month check on my S3. That's good I thought, nice one. Till I stopped and thought a minute - hang on - I've had my car 22 months now! It's booked in for its 2 year service at beginning of March in just 5 weeks time. Bit pointless then!

So if (or when) your car gets to 18 months old, if you haven't had a card for a "free" check, then maybe have a word with your dealer :)

Reactions: SW14NY'S
What a coincidence, I got the same through today! It went in last week, asked them to do any "free checks" they could. Seems a bit pointless sending out promotional material when you can call or book a test online! :wtf:

had this crap when my car was in for its 2nd service. You expect it all to be done as part of the service. You should ask for discount if all the stuff they check is for free.

It's a sales trick. I used to work in car sales and you'd offer things like this to get people in the showroom. While it was having its free check sales would be discussing if you've thought of a change. Makes no difference how old the car is, they just want you in the showroom feeling grateful for your free check. Nothing in life is free. :)

I believe it's more of "oh, we spotted a problem sir, it'll cost x amount to repair" even though there probably isn't a problem....