DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
I really like a set of wheels...

bbs-rr.jpg

but they're only available in 18 and i was really wanting 19's. Does anyone have any pictures of aftermarket 18's and 19's on a white S3 8P?

The other option which is available in 19's has been done a lot of times now by ourselves to customer's cars so i'm unsure on them...

BBS%20CH%20black.jpg

Thanks,

Damian @ DPM

The BBS CH is the better choice for the current A3/S3.

The multi piece RR is only available in et33mm not ideal for the current A3

The BBS CH Black Edition is available from stock on next day service in the correct size
8x18 ET50 5x112
or
8x19 ET50 5x112

Please call for details
Philip
P W Motorsport Ltd
01437 563793

BBS CH Black Editions are the daddies! Wish I could afford a set for mine!

19 at least on the first ones. Seen the GT which is similar in 19 and they still look small due to the design

The centres of the RR are the forged 18" GT centres with some weight reduction machining and no screw on centre cap.

All that info is already known Phil as we also import BBS wheels ourselves as you know.

Yeah don't get me wrong Matt, i love the CH BE's but they are getting a little more common now.

Damian @ DPM

CH all the way as they just look so much better on the 8P, the 1st ones just look to busy overall TBH.

It may be better you went for a lower offset BBS CH say the 8.5x19 et35mm 5x112.

BBS do not recommend the use of aftermarket spacers with PFS wheels (PFS refers to the reducing spigot ring in the wheel centre)

Applications requiring a reduction in offset, say the RS4 Audi. A specific BBS TUV approved spacer is provided to fit the wheel without the PFS ring. These have a 57mm hub side center bore and a larger 83mm to fit into the rear of the wheel.

An example picture is show below
f58a_1.JPG

Problem is you can only really go for 15mm max on the rears anyway, but Phil with your vast experience with wheels, have you got any info on rolling the arches on an 8P or some way to give them a slightly wider look as I wanted spacers about 16-20mm but of course these rubbed immediately & due to the design of the arches with the underside rounded edge of the wing/shell its pretty hard to roll them isnt it

PS. Damian havnt forgotten about the Bilsteins just completing other mods 1st then will decide if these or FSD's.

NHN, Not sure on the Arch rolling bit.

I a good customer on mine, fitted some BBS GT`s 8.5x19 ET27mm to a current S3, I think he did a fair bit of arch work to make them fit.

You could try the BBS spacers pictured above on the et50mm CH`s, these are 12mm thick.

If I were spendign the money on new rims - I'm not sure I'd go for CHs TBH - they are gettinga tad common - around me there are shed loads and I think they are in danger of becoming tired.

I saw some RRs the other day and they really did stand out. So much so I was tempted for my Cab.

I've never seen a car in the metal with BBS CH wheels on round where I live. So they aren't common at all to me! Only time I see them is in pics on here!