19" allys?

FumaS3

Reaction score
do the 19" allys fitted to the mtm S3 fit stright on the the standerd s3 or do the arch's need cutting ect?

sorry if this has already been cover but im crap and finding stuff

out of interest also, whats the biggest width wheels you can get away with front and back!? i have a 1.9 TDI not a S3 but will be fitting s3 front wings this week!

Am i correct in thinking 8'' on the front is too much and will rub?? And 8.5 on the back max??

Any advice appreciated :)

whats the correct size tyers then m8 i have the standerd 225/45/17 atm

out of interest also, whats the biggest width wheels you can get away with front and back!? i have a 1.9 TDI not a S3 but will be fitting s3 front wings this week!

Am i correct in thinking 8'' on the front is too much and will rub?? And 8.5 on the back max??

Any advice appreciated :)

I'm running 19X8's all round, 8.5" would fit up front, but they would need spacers or an offset of ET25 or there abouts, I don't remember whose running 8.5's all round, but someone on here is.
As for the rears on an S3, there's loads of room back there, I'm pretty sure 9.5 with the correct offset and stretched tyres will with no catching, not too sure on a standard A3 body though, but you need to know that wide rims and wide rubber on the rear will ruin any handling characteristics the car has, so it will handle rubbish at the expense of bling.

whats the correct size tyers then m8 i have the standerd 225/45/17 atm

I'm running 235/35R19 all round, not had any problems with this size, but I'm sure there are people who run 225/35 just to keep the rolling radius as near to standard as possible, 235/35 are more common and cheaper, and is probably 2% out with regards to rolling radius.

do the 19" allys fitted to the mtm S3 fit stright on the the standerd s3 or do the arch's need cutting ect?

sorry if this has already been cover but im crap and finding stuff

MTM Bimoto's are a standard fit on the S3, no mods or anything needed. They're 8.5x19" with 235/35 tyres, any wider will rub.

Hi m8, im running on a set of 19" wheels and 215/35 stretched tyres but i do have spacers as well. Im planning on coilovers next because there is loads more room left to drop the car (big wheels,stretched tyres and lowered nicely tucked inside the arches :o.k:job done!! hope this helps