Facelift 19 inch tyre recommendations? (235/35 R19)

CalA3

Current: B9.5 S4 Avant - Tango Red
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I picked up my S3 in September and (somehow?) have done 11,000 miles since and I am shocked that the Pirelli tyres that it was delivered with are now in need of changing already. Has anyone else experienced such a short lifetime of this tyre? I previously had a 1.4 A3 with 18 inch continentals and these lasted up to at least 25,000 miles. Just wondering if I have been driving too hard or this is normal? And if anyone has any suggestions for a tyre that may last longer than the Pirelli?

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I picked up my S3 in September and (somehow?) have done 11,000 miles since and I am shocked that the Pirelli tyres that it was delivered with are now in need of changing already. Has anyone else experienced such a short lifetime of this tyre? I previously had a 1.4 A3 with 18 inch continentals and these lasted up to at least 25,000 miles. Just wondering if I have been driving too hard or this is normal? And if anyone has any suggestions for a tyre that may last longer than the Pirelli?

Cheers!

Jesus, I picked mine up in March and have done just over 5100 lol

I found Eagle F1 Asymmetrics fairly good on my R32.

Reactions: CalA3
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Has to be the best tyre out there at the minute.

Reactions: keenu, audinho, S37S and 3 others
Take a look here, people generally recommend Goodyear, Michelin, or the new Conti 6. The subject has been covered many times, have a quick search and look at the stickys.

I have both the MP4S and the Goodyear E F3 and both are a great tyre. Suspect the GY will provide a little more life at a cheaper price point if thats a main focus point for you.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...r-michelin-pilot-sport-4.360425/#post-3183936

Jungle

Reactions: lucaslfc and CalA3
My 19's are wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's, awesome tyres, fantastic in the dry, real good in the wet & as i found out the last few days they are pretty ****** good in the snow too.

Reactions: scoss and CalA3
Jesus, I picked mine up in March and have done just over 5100 lol

I found Eagle F1 Asymmetrics fairly good on my R32.
I'll have a look mate thanks. Sounds like I need to move closer to work....

Reactions: Tom.H
Thanks for the replies, I think its sounding like it would make sense to go for the Goodyears as I will be doing a lot of commuting for the next few months and life expectancy unfortunately has to be at the top of the priority list. :(

Reactions: Timi8888
Michelin or Goodyear always but after years of refusing to drive on Dunlop’s was very impressed with the Sport Maxx on A5 quattro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Coni sport 6's on mine, but find the wear excessive. My car has done 24,000 miles, mostly motorway / dual carriageways, and they are getting close to the wear indicator. This is my second set of tyres !

Had Pirelli P Zero's on my R8, and they lasted pretty well. But I'm a big fan of Michelin Tyres. Had Pilot sport 2's on my Focus RS, and Pilot sport 3's on my Twingo

Hi Guys,

Cheers!
You must drive the car hard to for the tyres needing to be changed mate ,l have covered 3k miles since October and the p Zeros on my car are as new

You must drive the car hard to for the tyres needing to be changed mate ,l have covered 3k miles since October and the p Zeros on my car are as new
I think maybe the tyres are slightly under-inflated as the wear is mainly on the outer edge. I think the tyres have a few thousand miles more in them but I hit a pothole yesterday and am now on the space saver so makes sense to change at least both fronts.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Or maybe consider Michelin Pilot Alpins if you are having the same amount of snow as we have today........6 inches and a blizzard at the moment!

None of the above
Yokohama AD08R best tyres Iv ever used they just grip and grip, Michelin lasted me 8k Pirelli I thought was rubbish Goodyear asy 3 decent all round

Reactions: I4N
i'd go for 245 instead of 235.....square racing look, more meat and comfort....looks bada$$

I had the Pirelli P-zeros on mine from new, they lasted around 23k which is why I replaced like for like about 2k miles ago.

Pirelli p zero oe spec. Excellent tyres but I do find the wear on them abit high.

ive been looking for a wheel and tyre package and im torn between the pirelli or eagle f1s. probably going for the pirellis but both get great reviews

None of the above
Yokohama AD08R best tyres Iv ever used they just grip and grip, Michelin lasted me 8k Pirelli I thought was rubbish Goodyear asy 3 decent all round
Interesting mate, I was for getting the Goodyear 19s, how did the yokohama’s grip in the wet? Last long? Noisy?