19" Rims now on configurator for S3 Hatch

DommyR

Reaction score
Hi All!

Just having a gander on the audi configurator and it now shows that the S3 hatch is now available with 19" rims, In conjunction with magnetic ride.

Is this new or have I not had my finger on the pulse?

Cheers
Dom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 300
Think it might be new or old because you cant see the 19,s unless you scroll down.

I think it's new, but as you say only available if you spec magnetic ride. I guess that's why the saloon has 19s and mag ride as standard.

There's also only one 19" rim design for the HB/SB where the saloon has two.

Ahh well thanks for that guys.

Modern life moves too fast for me,

Modern life moves too fast for me,
Don't worry, if things keep going as they are we will have discussed everything there is to discuss and then the site dies as a forum and becomes nothing more than a little used FAQ. But that's what happens when you discuss things the longer term members have already discussed; they get angry and insist you don't, but rather look up an old thread. Kind of defeats the purpose of the forum as you have no idea where a thread is likely to go and if people think they will just be given a link, they stop using the site altogether to ask questions or go elsewhere. Hate to think what that approach does to SEO, but not my problem.
^ There's probably been a reply like that and I await a redirect link to that thread. ;)

Reactions: Relliott6879 and DommyR
Yup, been discussed many times before, but you're not getting a re-direct link.

"tedious" is more accurate than "angry".

There is however a balance to be struck - stick to forum netiquette - read the FAQ's first, then do a search.

This particular site is extremely friendly/helpful - try a newbie obvious question on other sites, and you'll get a snarled reply of "Do a Search" (or worse) and that will be your lot!

(If everybody started a thread on "Do I use 95RON or 98RON" you end up with 22 threads on that very topic. Much harder for a newbie to find the relevant info when it's scattered everywhere. Oh. )

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas-suisse and Pulp84
Why the constant re-direction to old threads?

Re-surfacing old threads is especially useful, because

• There is a great deal of knowledge in them
  • The oldies that have been there before put a lot of time and effort in answering those questions
  • Those oldies may not be around anymore
  • Not all the newies know all the answers
  • So the oldies knowledge is always captured in the FAQs
  • Even the newies can learn from the oldies occasionally through those threads !
And when newies add to the old threads, it re-surfaces them for yet more newies to take on board the info!

(This is how a forum works ;) )

Reactions: Bristle Hound, naughts4187, lucas-suisse and 1 other person
Not keen on the 19" option atall. would prefer if they offered the standard S3 alloys in 19's like the saloon.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Why the constant re-direction to old threads?

Re-surfacing old threads is especially useful, because
  • There is a great deal of knowledge in them
  • The oldies that have been there before put a lot of time and effort in answering those questions
  • Those oldies may not be around anymore
  • Not all the newies know all the answers
  • So the oldies knowledge is always captured in the FAQs
  • Even the newies can learn from the oldies occasionally through those threads !
And when newies add to the old threads, it re-surfaces them for yet more newies to take on board the info!

(This is how a forum works ;) )
Well said V8 :applaus:

Love thread resurrections me :thumbs up:

Just to add to your list V8

Sometimes even the oldies can learn from the newies, occasionally ;)

Reactions: veeeight