19" rims on stock suspension

Dado

Reaction score
My A4 has the stock suspension so it's not lowered at all, should I go for 19" or 18".
And how does 19" ride in comparison also, I dont plan on lowering so I don't lose my warranty, do you think it will look ok or funny :/ i cant even imagine it.

Thinking of Vossen cv3 for 18's
Or vossen cvt for 19's

Help please :p

My A4 has the stock suspension so it's not lowered at all, should I go for 19" or 18".
And how does 19" ride in comparison also, I dont plan on lowering so I don't lose my warranty, do you think it will look ok or funny :/ i cant even imagine it.

Thinking of Vossen cv3 for 18's
Or vossen cvt for 19's

Help please
Personally I'd go for 19" But keep an eye on the overall diameter with tyre as your speed reading may be incorrect.

I'd love to go for the 19's but I dont know how the ride quality will be and if it can be pulled off without lowering the car

I'd love to go for the 19's but I dont know how the ride quality will be and if it can be pulled off without lowering the car

IMO you'll need to lower it, imagine the wheels gap u have now, then image sitting on 19s the car will be even higher. Iv got an SE and I'm going for coilovers (not slamming it I just prefer to have choice of ride height) and then I'm gunna go for 19" rotors.

I have 19" rotors, but admittedly it's an S Line black edition so is lowered by 30mm. I think I would use coilovers otherwise.

I have 19" wheels on my 8L S3, love them really, the ride isn't bad and it handles well. But then again, that's all I've ever had it with.

IMO you'll need to lower it, imagine the wheels gap u have now, then image sitting on 19s the car will be even higher. Iv got an SE and I'm going for coilovers (not slamming it I just prefer to have choice of ride height) and then I'm gunna go for 19" rotors.
That's not true.
As the wheels get bigger, the profiles get lower, keeping the arch to tyre gap the same and the height of the car the same.

7J x 16 ET 39 fitted with 205/60/16 92H;
7.5J x 17; ET 45 with 225/50 R17 94Y;
8J x 18 ET 47 with 245/40 R18 93Y;
8.5J x 19 ET 43 with 255/35 R19 96Y
are all factory fit sizes that will not affect speedo reading or arch to tyre gap

Reactions: Dado
19 R 255 35s. Eibach springs or even a Pro Kit. A conservative drop by say 15mm. Fills those wheel arches out perfectly. Plants the car perfectly on the road. Much better balance. Warranty? I can't see what this would do unless your suspension mysteriously implodes. Ride quality is fine too mate.

Reactions: Dado
There's nothing I would love more than to do what you're saying, I need to ask the dealership.