19" wheels / 25mm H&R springs anyone?

br20vt

Reaction score
Hi,
I've asked this on a few forums and getting mixed feedback, not sure ive asked on here before.
In the process of buying some 19 x 8.5" wheels for my S3 8P.
With low profile tyres..maybe 35's? Am i going to get catching during normal driving or on full lock?
Im sure a lot of you guys are running 19's with H&R 25mm springs and would appreciate your feedback.
cheers in advance!
Brad.

I run 8.5x19 with the h+r springs on mine mate and there fine I think my wheels are quite a high offset aswell so should be fine

I run 8.5x19 with the h+r springs on mine mate and there fine I think my wheels are quite a high offset aswell so should be fine

Cheers for the quick reply mate, the ones im looking at are ET45

yes definitely no issues there mine are 50 something with no trouble.

That doesn't make sense, ET45 would put the tyre closer to the arch than ET50. I had mine at ET44 front, ET48 rear, with no rubbing though. You'll need 225/35 tyres.

That doesn't make sense, ET45 would put the tyre closer to the arch than ET50. I had mine at ET44 front, ET48 rear, with no rubbing though. You'll need 225/35 tyres.
I meant to put 40 something sorry big fingers and a iPad just don't go lol.

I had 19's and 25mm H&R's on my S3 with no rubbing at all although my rims were 19x8 ET44. Definitely don't go any wider than 225 35's on them

Not noticeably. You'd be better investing in top-end tyres than 19s if it's handling you're after. Ride quality suffers slightly from the reduced side-wall, but again, it's not easily noticeable (most of the time).

The car handled better with the H&R's but that is slightly negated by the 19's. Looks sweet as though!

Not noticeably. You'd be better investing in top-end tyres than 19s if it's handling you're after. Ride quality suffers slightly from the reduced side-wall, but again, it's not easily noticeable (most of the time).

Yeh i'll definitely be using good tyres, thanks mate :thumbsup:

The car handled better with the H&R's but that is slightly negated by the 19's. Looks sweet as though!
Bit off topic but are you from Bradford? Think I see you around quite a bit

Lol, that'l be the other Biscay blue R36 in Bradford. Mine was in the dealers for 2 days, only got it back tonight

Ah right sorry,always thought it was the same 1 didn't realise there's 2

No probs. There is another one for sale as well at a garage off Thornton Road and the're all Biscay blue saloons!

Haha what are the chances of that?outside of Bradford I've not come accross one at all.

I'm running very similar to Boydie but ET52. No issues what so ever other than the usual rear arch screw which I removed and now even with 4 up I have no issues.