19 x 8 et35 please shed some light

B81GGY1

Reaction score
Hi all could some one please advise if i can put the following size on my a3 8p sport <br><br>19 x 8 et35 tyres size is 225/35/19<br><br>they were previously on my audi a4 b6 standard hieght and then i sold the car and the wheels have just been sat in the garage aging<br>the wheels are the wheelmania reps of the kahn rsc 5spokes and quite like em , so i thought i may have a try if poss to fit them on the a3 rather than shelling out cash on more lol
thanks to all who will help in advance

Just try them! ET35 will likely sit slightly too far out at the front, but it'll be close. Backs should be fine.

at the moment i am unable to try them but if you say they will sick out too far out from the front how far out will they sit??
would it still be drive ablewith out any fouling/ rubbing/ catching/ turning rub etc .
i take it that spacers will not resolve this problem.....
thanks for your reply TIM G

Welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Think you'll need 215/35s, depending on how the hubs sit at standard height (lowering causes a bit of camber so wheels can tuck a bit more). If you've already got them lying around then best thing to do is try!

Well, an 8.5" wheel at et45 sits level with the arch. Yours will poke out by 5mm or so (narrower wheel, but lower ofset). Tbh they probably wont rub at standard monster truck height, but would 100% rub if lowered. As above you'd get away with it if you had 215 width tyres.

i can't see it being a problem but as said 215's will give it a little extra clearance , are you lowering the A3 at all

thanks for your messages , i am wanting to drop it but not ridiculous amount, was looking and seein what everyones best buy springs would
be i have been looking at eibach or apex and what would you considor a sensible amount of drop with my rims and i understand that i may have to change the front tyres

also where would be best to buy for price thanks guys