190 TDI MPG

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Thinking of getting an A5 sport back black edition. Probably about a 19 plate

Torn between the 2.0 TFSI 40 or the 2.0 TDI with 190 bhp

Any idea on what the normal average MPG is on both ? I do about 10k a year but will only get 13p a mile on expenses so it makes a difference to me coming from a 1.4 TFSI COD A3

I also take it the petrol 35 TFSI with 150 bhp is not worth bothering with

Any replies appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check any future plans against diesels as any government now or later seem to use us as there money pit, hence why I'm considering swapping back to petrol.

Sadiq khan for london is a joker.

I have the Quattro which might make a slight difference

pushing on country lanes 35-36mpg
Normal mix / commute 42-45mpg
Motorway 45-40mph

Not bad that. Reckon 2 wheel drive might get me 50.

Budget permitting I’d recommend you have a look at the 3.0ltr 218ps version. Mine averaged around 35mpg over the 2 years I had it which was mainly short journeys but on a long run it would also deliver 50mpg+ when cruising at 70mph.

Th3 only downside is the 218ps version was upgraded by the 286ps version after circa 12 months so there aren't many around. according to my local dealer the change was partly due to it being more economical in the than the 2.0 ltr unit which Was difficult to explain. no idea if that’s correct however it was certainly more economical than my previous a5 with the 2.0 TDI and the manual gearbox.

Another big advantage over the 2.0ltr is the extra grunt the 3.0 has especially in the mid range which very useful for overtaking.

Not many of them about at all

I am being quite specific with my search though. Has to be a sport back, virtual cockpit, b&o and black edition. There’s literally like 7 in the whole country in my price range

Thinking of getting an A5 sport back black edition. Probably about a 19 plate

Torn between the 2.0 TFSI 40 or the 2.0 TDI with 190 bhp

Any idea on what the normal average MPG is on both ? I do about 10k a year but will only get 13p a mile on expenses so it makes a difference to me coming from a 1.4 TFSI COD A3

I also take it the petrol 35 TFSI with 150 bhp is not worth bothering with

Any replies appreciated

Currently running the TFSI 190 (40 TFSI) and very impressed with the fuel economy. 35mpg average around the city but stick it on the motorway with cruise control set to 70-80 and it will often peak above 50mpg on a long run. They take a hit with any more enthusiastic driving but living in a major city I rarely get the chance.