1992 2.0E 100/A6 Avant - Autocheck

deemde

Reaction score
I have an infuriating problem with the Autocheck on my car. The bulb failure light is almost constantly on. I have checked, and cleaned, all connections that I can find, with no success. I do not own a Bently manual for this car, but my 90 20v Bently manual shows some form of control box at each end of the wiring loom. I have searched all over for these in the 100, but to no avail. Can anyone help. I live in Eire and the local dealers are of no help, they do not appear to have seen such things!

See on your sig you say no electrics is that meaning no electric windows,fag lighter not working?.........Dash Lights all working?

No Electrics means. No radio, aerial or speakers, and all of the wiring removed. No electric windows, and all of the wiring and switches removed, switched to manual. Autocheck removed. Electrical diff controls removed, switched to cables. Light switch on column removed, VW rotary switch on dash. Indicator switch replaced with Saab switch. Wiper switch replaced with Saab switch. Dip switch on floor. Ignition by switch and push button. Steering wheel replaced with Saab 99 Turbo Momo wheel, separate horn button. Interior lights removed. All unused wiring looms removed. Of course the cigarette lighter is removed! Total weight savings approx 25 kg. Plus simpler wiring and maintenance.
All other electrical systems, which should work, do work.