1999 S4 Avant Boot Lock Issues

srgalpin

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got issues with my B5 S4 Avant boot lock in that it will only open when using the key.

It is a similar issue to this thread, https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/avant-rear-boot-lock-problem-leaky-hose.152174/ - but there is no answer presented at the end of it!

Basically, if I press the remote on the fob, all the doors and petrol flap open fine, but the pump motor continues to run for about another 10 seconds quite loudly.

The buttons for opening the boot do not work when pressed, even when the key slot is in the vertical position.

From reading the above mentioned thread, it appears that the pump locking set up is fail safe, i.e. pressure to keep it all open, and if the pressure fails, it locks.

What I want to know before I start taking it all apart and checking is this -

- If the CL pump cannot generate enough pressure to get to the boot lock, would this in turn disable the electric boot switches from being live / active as the system would think the boot is locked and not open?

Could it be possible that if the CL pump impeller is failing, it has enough pressure to open the doors, but not enough to open the boot and so means the electric boot switches are never made active?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks