19x9 et33 wheels on s line avant

Seaneyb

Reaction score
hi guys,

I just fitted my Audi rotors on my newer a4 avant. My previous avant (se) ran with them perfectly with no issues. Since fitting them on the s line i have noticed that the tyre wall is hitting the inside of the wheel arch. I think this is because the s line suspension is much lower. What options do i have? i dont really want to change the tyres 255/35/19 as they're basically new. I don't think wheel spacers would work as this would just make the wheel stick out even further. Any thoughts? Arch rolling? jacking the suspension on coilovers? adjust alignment? I don't want the JDM look i just want the mrs to not think shes in a death trap!

Realistically I think you will need to run a narrower tyre, closer to 235 mate.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
A 9j 19" rim et33 with a 255/35 tyre fitted to s-line suspension will cause problems without doubt, 235 /35 is what you need really.
if you want to run 255 19" tyres on a 9j rim you need an offset lower offset but even then there will be rub on suspension parts etc.

going up to a 9j from oem 8j will be another 24mm overall, 12mm extra rim width both sides of the rim which on a normal b7 offset which is et43 or et45 maybe doable just as the front tend to be the problem with rubbing suspension parts.
changing the offset aswell will then impact the outside clearance , so given the oem offset of ET43 for example , add the new offset of 33 will move you rim out further out straight away, then add another 12mm on the outside rim edge and you will be right on the edge of the wheel arch, add in a 255 tyre and bingo, you'll have contact.
To make that easy to work out, your new rims will poke out approx. 23mm more than the oem offset, then add the tyre side wall , plus you'll have the extra 12mm etc on the inside of the rim so may touch or rub suspension parts.
23mm on the rears , would not work on my bus ,fronts well same applies.
Your previous SE would have been running standard ride height , s-line is a lot lower hence why you are having issues now, that said you would have had the issues with your SE had you loaded the car down enough and they would have rubbed .

Last edited:
19" 9j 255 not a prob on B7 rs4 as it has wider arches to start with, but A4 B7 requires a lot more care to avoid probs.

options are very straight forward chap, if you want to keep using those rims then you need to reduce tyre width a fair bit 235 really is you max, but you may still have the problem with that size due to the lower ride height now added to the width of the rims and tyre combination.

Last edited:
19" 9j 255 not a prob on B7 rs4 as it has wider arches to start with, but A4 B7 requires a lot more care to avoid probs.

options are very straight forward chap, if you want to keep using those rims then you need to reduce tyre width a fair bit 235 really is you max, but you may still have the problem with that size due to the lower ride height now added to the width of the rims and tyre combination.
The problem is I just had 4 new Michelin pilot sports fitted only a month ago. Kinda stuck with the current setup as the tyres cost me near enough £500.

Arch rolling? Or even fitting se springs an option? Failing that coil over on a high rear setting?

Think you should take the tyres off put a smaller profile 225 or 235 and sell the pilot sports while there still new and cut your loses before you regret doing things to the car that your only want to change back when the Michelin’s need replacing anyway,

Think long term mate.