1st Damaged repairable RS3 i have seen!

I've had an Cat d "Wasn't bad at all" ....

it really all depends on where the damage is and if it affects the drive train bits and the drive.

Seems that when these things crash, the carbon wings just disappear!

crash-me-4134728736800191379.jpg

you got the wrong garage to repair the car then, id have no problem buying one (providing i repair it myself)

That was the problem, I didn't do the repairs, it was done before I bought it and was a lesson well learned! Luckily didn't lose too much money on it either but it was not a good experience!

this used to be my FR 150bhp.
i bought it as a cat D flood damage
one owner FSH for £4200.
used it for a year and a half plus
added 20k plus miles.
sold it for £4650 with cat D declared.
buyers were rolling over to buy it.
Picture010-10.jpg

Picture014-4.jpg

Picture007-13.jpg

Reactions: RedDejavu
Got to love the one in autotrader... All the spec IN CAPS which i hate anyway.
Then the very last bit stating cat d...

Shady as...

Flood damage(other than water in the engine) is a world away from crash damage,and that RS3 looks costly to repair at best.

I have to say I don't think that looks a bad one to repair at all. I work a senior panel repair technician in a large body shop and I repair cars like that every week.

You have to remember most of the damage you can see here is bolt on parts or welded panels which are all readily available in sections and done properly (with correct welding equipment) and measured on a jig there is no problem whatsoever.

You would need to take exact measurements of the strut tops with the jig to make sure the suspension is all going to be within tolerance come wheel alignment time.

I have owned many cat c and cat d cars if repaired properly you will never tell apart from being listed. The problem is some have a go hero attempts to repair something like this on the drive way and it's going to be wrong. Using the correct tools, equipment and quality parts with a good amount of experience is key to a good repair.