1st Official 8V RS3 shots

Were getting close guys....had an email from my dealer asking about booking a date in the diary for beginning of March to look at an order and spec etc.

Cheeky sod - that's very presumptive but I'm probably going to make an appointment :)

Reactions: RYuill, AndyB-S3 and veeeight
View attachment 49439

What is this anyway??

Audi never Made an RS4 B8 Saloon.
Think its a B7 RS4 with wheel arches taken from the B8...however back to topic (RS3)....here's what I think the RS3 could most likely look like in sedan version :)
audi-rs3-sedan-pr-walker-render-photoshop-1002-600x234.jpg

more renders if anyones interested:

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=show_thumbs;p=Design/Renders/Walker, P R/Audi RS 3 (MQB) Sedan

Last edited:
Still not a fan! Looks too much for the car. I await the saloon!

RS3 Sportback = A Woman in a Frumpy Dress!!

Come on Audi, Release a Saloon version!

Reactions: j0nny2013
RS3 Sportback = A Woman in a Frumpy Dress!!

Come on Audi, Release a Saloon version!
Yes...agreed!
I read somewhere in the RS3 part of this forum from someone who has a good relationship with a dealer (who apparently predicts the future very well) that a saloon version will be coming....I can't help thinking that they have already made a load of non-saloon RS3's and they need to sell them first before releasing news of an upcoming saloon....classic sales tactics...so lets just wait and see

^^ that's a grand off. My dealer says is its starting at £40,980

It'll look just fine in Glacier with a the gloss black styling pack and black alloys. Hoping to order mine later on this year. Just the car I have been waiting for as the new TTS was in my sights until I saw how expensive it was (and the looks/dash still trouble me now I have driven a mk3), shame no 3 door RS3, but the sportback still looks good to me. A Saloon RS3 wouldn't appeal to me at all.

I think the term "moron" is probably verging on the abusive, going by the terms of usage of this forum ;)

0-60 in a S-tronic is only under 5 seconds if you use launch control, which obviously isn't a daily occurrence at the traffic lights.

Without launch control, its slower, given the lack of turbo boost.

Is the S3 a quick car?
With launch control, yes.

In everyday usage?
Probably no faster than your German Barge with a 2.5l diesel or larger.
Especially on the move. A 2.5l diesel or larger will cream a S3 (especially if caught napping off boost, or unprepared in the wrong gear) on the move.

Any S3 driver should beware the 330d or 335d driver. Pick your fights carefully ;)

Really? I've twice had the same 335d try and out run me in my S3 - he couldn't, in fact, I pulled away from him on both occasions. In everyday use the S3 is a ****** quick car, especially when put it into dynamic or sport or use the paddles. From my experience it can humble rather a lot of other performance cars, including diesel BMW's ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AntonyW85, Cymru09, Scotty2011 and 1 other person
Audi S3
300 PS
380 Nm

BMW 335d (N57)
286 PS
580 Nm

In gear, mid-range acceleration, the BMW will be the faster car.

for comparison with an A6:
Audi A6
3.0 Bi TDI
320 PS
650 Nm

Last edited:
Last edited:
It'll look just fine in Glacier with a the gloss black styling pack and black alloys. Hoping to order mine later on this year. Just the car I have been waiting for as the new TTS was in my sights until I saw how expensive it was (and the looks/dash still trouble me now I have driven a mk3), shame no 3 door RS3, but the sportback still looks good to me. A Saloon RS3 wouldn't appeal to me at all.
Mark...I have exactly what you are ordering...it looks great (obviously I'm biased) especially with the rims blacked out...though I am wanting to get some other rims at some point...possibly gun metal grey or more gloss black...

Reactions: SilureMark

Agreed.

I will be ordering one in glacier white with the black pack. I'm just hoping there is an option to get the RS V spoke like on the RS4 as I don't like the ones in the photos.

I would probably prefer the Saloon but I can't see that happening.

My brother has a deposit down for the R400 as well so that's also making me think twice lol. Brotherly competition an all that .

Reactions: veeeight
Agreed.

I will be ordering one in glacier white with the black pack. I'm just hoping there is an option to get the RS V spoke like on the RS4 as I don't like the ones in the photos.

I would probably prefer the Saloon but I can't see that happening.

My brother has a deposit down for the R400 as well so that's also making me think twice lol. Brotherly competition an all that .

I have been looking into the RS4 wheels as an option on my car and found some nice ones to replace the stock 18" 5 spokes I got...and thought these would look really sweet

VMR wheels V708:

29557.jpg
29559.jpg

I have been looking at the RS3 for a couple of years down the line, it has really grown on me since release....however I think I may end up having one of these.........

RS5 Ltd Edition
Ltd Edition RS5 - Only £72k so if I start saving now could maybe afford it when I retire... :)

My dealer was spot on about the LED headlights too

To be honest, the spec looks a little mean considering we're practically at at 40K car here (I'm going on what I can see on here, as I'm not a member of the rs3oc site. Not even a basic sat-nac, and no cruise control as standard. These are standard fit on cars which you can pay far less for!:motz: Still, I worked out if I ever did decide to splurge on one these in the future, I would need to add less than 2K of options to make the perfect one:lmfao:

Nardo appears to be standard according to the dealer paperwork. Oddly, 19" wheels are standard but mag ride is an option. On the SB you have to option mag ride to get 19" wheels.

Nardo appears to be standard according to the dealer paperwork. Oddly, 19" wheels are standard but mag ride is an option. On the SB you have to option mag ride to get 19" wheels.
Hopefully the standard suspension is more compliant like BMW but still handles well.

I'm pleased to see mag ride as an option. Had it on both my TT's and all it did was ruin the ride when you put it into the harder setting. Also, on a damp road (not fully wet) the ride went very 'bobbly' if that's the right word?! I can't explain that, but it was the same with both cars I had. Either way, I found the handling inconsistent. May be it works well enough on the smooth roads of Germany, but in the UK, I'm not so sure.

My dealer was spot on about the LED headlights too

How have you found the LED headlights compared to xenons ?

a worthwhile upgrade - or a nice to have if included in the spec (as the rs3).

Reactions: Pulp84
Reactions: Pulp84, Snake Pliskin and elpaulio
Nothing we didn't really know already but still interesting.

Attachments

• New Audi RS3 Sportback Product Overview.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
  • New Audi RS3 Sportback Price & Spec.pdf
    685.9 KB · Views: 339
  • New Audi RS3 Sportback Product OverviewCentreC.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 309
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Anyone managed to unearth what the option wheels will look like? I read somewhere gloss black 19's are on the menu? Cheers. Thanks for PDF's BTW.

Reactions: Scotty2011
About 4k more than my current order spec s3 based on the PDFs above and the current s3 option prices.

Hmm very tempting. Would be my first RS. How to convince the wife.