1st Official 8V RS3 shots

Seems like no LED interior pack either......

Have to buy comfort / sound pack

Not liking rotors only. 6k more than my s3 with less options. Ouch.
I'll start saving for something more serious next time I think.

Hmm RS4/6 avant...

Last edited:
I'm going to go for it. Sepang, titanium rotors, BSP & privacy glass and B&O pack/nav.

Well, that's me out. Think I'll be looking elsewhere when it comes to changing my S3

I've counted about 8.7k in options

So basically 48k

Errrr no anyone willing to pay that for a a3 is off their heads would rather have something abit nicer

Nearly 50k specced up is ridiculous really ! Will reserve judgement until I actually drive one, which wont be soon !

Not impressed that they have tied the sports exhaust into the same pack as the mag ride - I really do not want mag ride at all, but I want the exhaust! I'll have to talk to the dealer about that. No Ibis white either? Yet they offer Nardo as the only standard colour. Scratching my head a bit with Audi these days... specced up a new TTS and that just shy of £47k. Didn't really add much that made it different from my previous TTS and that was £41k. Some serious price hiking going on at Audi these days...

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Not impressed that they have tied the sports exhaust into the same pack as the mag ride - I really do not want mag ride at all, but I want the exhaust! I'll have to talk to the dealer about that. No Ibis white either? Yet they offer Nardo as the only standard colour. Scratching my head a bit with Audi these days... specced up a new TTS and that just shy of £47k. Didn't really add much that made it different from my previous TTS and that was £41k. Some serious price hiking going on at Audi these days...

Yeah and then look at what you'll get for it a year later, its an expensive habit !

Good fun though and not quite as bad for your health as crack !

Reactions: dorgs
I may play the waiting game and get a low mileage used or an ex-demo. I got my last RS that way and saved seven grand off list with just 4,000 on the clock... just finding a car in the spec you want is always the ball ache. £47,260 for the spec I want - seems a lot for a five door hatch... could just get another S3 and remap it :idea:

Reactions: Brasso and ACWKGYTO
Would have to be mind blowingly good, sorry but I cant see it being that good not £47k good !!!!

Well, I just got upto £46K & even then left out a few things that I have on my S3 now. On top of that my cost to change would be in excess of £20K for what at face value at least is very similar to what I bought new just 5 months ago.

Packaging up the options & having a relatively basic spec for such a high priced hatchback is obviously where they want to make their money.
Yet the marketing info indicated this as being a car for those taking first steps into an RS product :think:

There are so many other cars I can spend near £50K on so I'm afraid any interest I had has now gone.

A less than year old RS5 with sports exhaust and all the trimmings can be had for that

The standard package needs to be better...... 45k max all in for full spec OTR

Not 10k difference for the spec that should be on it anyway....bull !

So lets take off the VAT @ 20% from 50k = 10k ( thats a big hit as soon as you register it, but of course never works like that for a demo does it !!!!!)

So if you want one for 40k or less you'll just have to wait, likehood is people who buy these cars soon get bored of them, so get ready to pounce.

If its that good, then you might struggle to find one.

It's definitely not cheap, on paper 0-60 is 4.3 vs 4.8 for the S3. Previous generation was much more of a performance gap.

Still though for the money it's a damn quick car, I can see the A45 AMG matching the power pretty soon though.

It's definitely not cheap, on paper 0-60 is 4.3 vs 4.8 for the S3. Previous generation was much more of a performance gap.

Still though for the money it's a damn quick car, I can see the A45 AMG matching the power pretty soon though.

Typo

Id like to see you get 4.8 from the hulk (unless youve mapped it)

Are you comparing 3 door with sportback

Just messin with you hulk

Id expect sub 4 secs for an RS3 at 50k
Wouldn't be surprised that out of the box it might just do 4 seconds. Have seen some very conservative times quoted by VAG for their cars.......

I'm sure the Golf R400 will work out better value & for the all the interior quality differences, I'll feel much better with over £10K in my back pocket acting as a lovely cushion.

I'm sure the Golf R400 will work out better value & for the all the interior quality differences, I'll feel much better with over £10K in my back pocket acting as a lovely cushion.

At least we know the RS3 is real !

When I was over at Stafford Audi a couple of weeks back they have a Elderberry exclusive colour S3 up for £43,850!!!!

It was lovely, but at that price..... Wow.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
I'm still hoping for Audi to Release an RS3 Saloon, as I think it would look way better & Sportier!

As for Price, anyone thats seriously considering one of these, I'd personally go down the route of waiting alittle & picking up one thats around 6-12months old!
.............you'd probably find that it will be noticeably Cheaper, it'll have a Higher Spec than what you'd have initially picked & you'd get a better Trade In on your current Car, due to them having an Expensive Car on their Forecourt that they need to Shift!

Facelift is due to be announced late next year.

8-10% discount will be available sooner rather than later too

I'm still hoping for Audi to Release an RS3 Saloon, as I think it would look way better & Sportier!

As for Price, anyone thats seriously considering one of these, I'd personally go down the route of waiting alittle & picking up one thats around 6-12months old!
.............you'd probably find that it will be noticeably Cheaper, it'll have a Higher Spec than what you'd have initially picked & you'd get a better Trade In on your current Car, due to them having an Expensive Car on their Forecourt that they need to Shift!

+1 on saloon or even 3DR but slim chance of that

Right, I configured my ideal RS3 (on paper) tonight. Came in at a whisker over £45k, which turned it from feasible upgrade over my 8P to rapidly approaching a dream. Both dealers I'm discussing with have pointed out that the higher residual of an RS (special edition model) will affect the monthly payments but unless they can work magic on the figures we can afford, I'm afraid...

Promoting this in the Audi mag, anyone feel the texture, its nice!

As for the review, yeah...price and performance especially after adding options isjust too much, though I doubt they will struggle to sell.

If you go on autotrader and browse cars between £45-£50k up to a year old it makes for interesting reading eg year old m5, f type jag, rs4/5, a7/8, 640d even a new ford mustang and vauxhall maloo

Reactions: Pulp84
I note the brochure has been taken off the website - I suspected it had a few errors.

Had a brief chat with my salesman for the 1,000th time on this subject and basically I'd be looking at October delivery for an RS3 and I got the impression too that they would not waste a build slot on a car with a fairly basic spec. It sounds like build allocation is going to be fairly small for my dealer. No discount yet but he was prepared to give me a guaranteed equity in my S3 until delivery.

Going through the motions on this - I think I want to drive it before committing. :)

The sounds will seduce you, but for me the telling thing, will be any change in suspension, and what does the heavier 2.5 lump over the front wheels going to do for understeer characteristics ....... ;)

Reactions: elpaulio
The sounds will seduce you, but for me the telling thing, will be any change in suspension, and what does the heavier 2.5 lump over the front wheels going to do for understeer characteristics ....... ;)

75kg heavier than standard S3 SB S-Tronic (95kg than use slim manual folks) and it's pretty likely that'll be over the front wheels. Still, it does sound nice...

Sorry but that about not wasting a build slot is a load of rubbish. That's like saying all the A1's are built last, just because it's a lesser spec saying it's put to the back of the queue.