1st Official 8V RS3 shots

cid_001a01c86e1f28e2e8a06401a8c0gle.gif

Reactions: RedTurtle
The RS3 will be a totally different car to any current 8V model

Eh? In what way?

It's just another variant of the A3, as is the S3. It's no more different from an S3 than an S3 is from an A3 1.2 SE.

So because it has one more cylinder than all the other engines in the range, that makes it a totally different car does it?

oh dear me
clearly someone thats never experienced the 5 cylinder TFSI then, its only won engine of the year 3 or more years running.......

Would like to keep this thread alive!! Heres some more juicy info on the RS3. Seems the blue one is equipped with the optional sports exhaust (sounds amazing) and the one Mattias Ekström has been further tweeked.

Would like to keep this thread alive!! Heres some more juicy info on the RS3. Seems the blue one is equipped with the optional sports exhaust (sounds amazing) and the one Mattias Ekström has been further tweeked.

It sounds really incredible when revving from stand still. It has a certain AMG V8 anger, at least when its stationary.

Reactions: Scotty2011
I don't think there is much need for a sound system at all in a car like that when you have that 5-pot to listen to!

Suspect the £800 sports exhaust will be a must to get the full soundtrack.

It certainly doesn't sound like that on the RSQ3!

Reactions: Scotty2011
I turn off music and listen to the S3 exhaust from time to time. ..maybe even crack the window as it sounds decent.........

I would be like this in the RS3!!!!!
Uploadfromtaptalk1424600059898

Reactions: CCWS3, mfl, David83S3 and 2 others
Not surprised, that A6 could move a house.
I had an SQ5 for a day and nearly lost my licence, plus I think I gave it some beans heading East at one point and the Earth slowed down...

Reactions: Psyman79 and Cymru09
If there is a saloon announced before my s3 arrives in April I have a strong feeling that my order will be cancelled.

when the Mk3 TTS was launched at Geneva in 2014, it was nearly a year before it was available (in fact ive still not seen a customer TTS yet). Lets hope it wont be Dec/Jan 16 before customer deliveries hit our shores

I'm looking forward to it arriving on the configurator. Love playing on there when I'm bored.
This car may not last a year lol, just like my last 2

I'd happily part ex my S3 for an RS3 on PCP. May not be be sensible financially but........

Reactions: Brasso
Another snippet. Hope it posts OK.

Still think the silver in the front is fugly.

Last edited:
Those arches really do not look as flared in that video above.

Reactions: The Challinor
Those arches really do not look as flared in that video above.
Agreed :thumbs up:

Sorry but IMO an Audi RS needs big f off arches
&
rotors on the new RS3? Sorry, rotors have been done to death. I thought Audi may been a bit more imaginative

Could do with wheels the same as the current RS6 21" option wheels & A3 Clubsport wheels IMO (5-twin-spoke design black-gloss alloy wheels)

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: The Challinor
Agreed :thumbs up:

Sorry but IMO an Audi RS needs big f off arches
&
rotors on the new RS3? Sorry, rotors have been done to death. I thought Audi may been a bit more imaginative

Could do with wheels the same as the current RS6 21" option wheels & A3 Clubsport wheels IMO (5-twin-spoke design black-gloss alloy wheels)

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

The arches don't bother me but I totally agree on the wheels. There's no way I would buy one with those wheels on. It makes it look like a 2011 model.

Also the silver on the front and rear is really not a good look but am I right in thinking you can have this in body colour or in gloss black with the black pack?

Just looks like an RSQ3 on little wheels.

when they launched the S3 though it was on odd wheels, they soon changed that. i think they just put whatever wheels they have a stock of on to shift them before they up the game.

Chances of getting nardo grey wrap?...very nice!!

bit off topic & crap pic ..but this rs7 looked amazing with the quatro front end .

Attachments

• 20150304_194306.jpg
    20150304_194306.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 240
Hmmm yeah but that's cos it has too many doors. May look ok on 3dr. Lol ;)

It is a marmite colour though ;)

Mini do a very similar shade, Moonwalk Grey. For some reason, I prefer that shade. :uhm:

Last edited: