1st Scottish meet

Sorry Martay just mucked up your post..........clicked the wrong button....doh!!. Yeah we can all meet up at Harthill and then nip into Glasgow.

Thats it fixed Mark. :) x

Sorry Martay just mucked up your post..........clicked the wrong button....doh!!. Yeah we can all meet up at Harthill and then nip into Glasgow.

:angrymod: Some people just can't handle the power...

No worries, the original just said that it'd be best for me (and probably ilim, and I suppose Paula if I can get hold of her!) to meet up there too, rather than going round the Sterling road (M80) since it's only a little bit faster going that way, but there's a lot of roadworks right now.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, I will defo be there and in convoy in my lil red TTS,..and will you have the S3 new shoed up and lowered by then ??

Just hope the weather will be better by then....lol

see you all soon....

I should have a few more guys to add to the party. RS4, S4, S3 and a few others if they can make it.

Mate we can convey down together.... ????

If I'm home in time then we certainly can. Head down towards Edinburgh (across the bridge), then meet up with Brodster etc at Harthill services.

Was hoping to finish by next weekend, but kit is still waiting to even arrive at customs, then who knows how long it'll take to clear and then get to the site. I'll have an update towards the end of next week, so we can start to organise something then (not that there's a lot to it).

Word of warning: don't ever try to import anything into Russia.

Yep. We had stuff waiting MONTHS at Russian customs. Things always go quicker with a healthy bribe though. Bit like importing into Africa really.

you guys need to tell me where the cheapest Shell garages are around the area :beee:

The closest one is just on the other side of the M8 from Audi on Hillington Road, just past the roundabout with Deanside Road (GoogleMaps seems to think it's further round Hillington Rd than it actually is) and there's another one just off the M8 about 3 miles West, on Paisley Road.

found it. its nice and easy to find from Audi Glasgow from google maps, which is good.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Any news from Audi yet guys ?

The reason I ask is that my mate is a mechanic there and I mentioned were hopefully having a meet there and he told me that apparently a couple of weekends ago they had some sort of open day / BBQ and some scumbag broke into a new TTRS removed the locking wheel key from the boot and nicked all 4 wheels off it and took them away !

He says that if you do get a no from them then this would probably be the reason ! :(

Im just amazed someone actually done something like that ! its ridiculous !

Mark is waiting to hear from audi, if we not heard by tomorrow, myself or Mark will chase it up. :) x

And here we have the decision straight off the press.....................and the word on the street is......ITS A GOER!!!

Just received the email from Sarah Bell who is the marketing manager at Braehead Audi. They had a meeting about the forum meet this afternoon and they would be delighted to host it for us. They are going to move approx 20 cars out of their slots into another holding area nearby so it gives us room to get 20 cars into Braehead Audi. They will expect us around 12 noon. Even if theres more then they will see what they can do on the day but we have space for an approx number of 20. I will see if they can supply some tea and coffee.

So get your name on the list.

Reactions: shariain and MartayMcFly
And here we have the decision straight off the press.....................and the word on the street is......ITS A GOER!!!

Just received the email from Sarah Bell who is the marketing manager at Braehead Audi. They had a meeting about the forum meet this afternoon and they would be delighted to host it for us. They are going to move approx 20 cars out of their slots into another holding area nearby so it gives us room to get 20 cars into Braehead Audi. They will expect us around 12 noon. Even if theres more then they will see what they can do on the day but we have space for an approx number of 20. I will see if they can supply some tea and coffee.

So get your name on the list.

Excellent work Mark. :) x

I have a stag do all day Saturday. I hope they do a good full English or just a really good roll with sausage and egg.

Surely there's a burger van near-by that'll do a range of breakfast rolls (one down from my old office did 2 eggs, 2 bacon rashers, 2 sausages, 2 black pudding slices and sauce all in one bun and was only £4.50 - called the "big breaKfast" - epic).

If we can get good numbers to commit to going in and buying then I will ask the question of a fry-up/bacon rolls. I cant see her saying no really as good business and PR for them.

ill try make it along to this work permitting. ill see if i can get my mates to pop along too.

Surely there's a burger van near-by that'll do a range of breakfast rolls (one down from my old office did 2 eggs, 2 bacon rashers, 2 sausages, 2 black pudding slices and sauce all in one bun and was only £4.50 - called the "big breaKfast" - epic).

There is a few in Hillington industrial estate where I work but they aren't there on a Sunday which is unfortunate.

I note a 'food' themed bias forming for this meet. Is the Scotland meet tune going to be 'who ate all the pies'? lol. Hungry haggis........ lol
:jester: mind you a sausage and egg butty sounds fine.

All its doing is making me hungry, lol. X

Reactions: riggssuzuki
This stupid job is dragging on and on, but at least we've finally started doing some work (only 3 weeks after we were meant to be finished). Hopefully home this week, but might be cutting it rather fine for being in any state to drive down to Glasgow. Really hope I don't miss this!

Hopefuly should have the new motor for the meet :)