1st Scottish meet

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all. Well its here at last. Big thumbs up to Adam and Sandra for getting this sub forum up and running. :respekt: Was worth it in the long run.

All eyes will be on this forum as its the 1st of its kind SO normal forum rules apply. Any problems then let the mods know.

As the forum states this is where we will be organising events/meets. If anyone has any suggestions for a meet or just wants to chill out for a few hours with other members in their patch then post it on here.

The 1st event which HEKTOR started we shall finalise for Sunday 1st July @1200 at Braehead Audi Glasgow. Hopefully we shall see a big turnout for the maiden meet. This is going to be a chance for everyone to put faces to the names and introduce themselves and do what we do best.......talking cars. :blackrs4: See you all there.

Mark

Attending:

1. HEKTOR
2. Brodster
3. sideways steve
4. Sandra
5. shariain
6. ilim
7. MartayMcFly
8. xs2man?
9. DannyH76
10 Azialex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MartayMcFly
Hi all, for those of you not familiar with the location of Glasgow Audi, here is the address and postcode. Its 502 Hillington Road in Glasgow. G52 4UB. Ample parking available. Dont forget the camera's. ) x

Will be there for sure... Anyone from Aberdeen going down?? Maybe we could organise a drive down... Convoy of s3's

If I'm home in time I'll make the trek down the road - important to make this first meet!

Gonna be offshore unfortunately. Hopefully we can get one arranged for the tcheuchters amongst us.......

Gonna be offshore unfortunately. Hopefully we can get one arranged for the tcheuchters amongst us.......

Hi, just start a new post in here about a local meet in your area and go from there. :) x

Just a thought, do Audi know about this? Or are we just showing up and stealing their spaces?

Need to speak to Eddie as he was the one that came up with the location. As there was no real input after that the decision was made to locate it there as everyone was up for it.

Like i mentioned in the other thread. If everyone puts their name down for the date agreed then i have a better idea of the numbers involved. Once i have this i can then speak with audi about having the meet there.

Yeh was gonna add that also as Audi dont even let their own employees park there and they usually have a guard on the entrance as you go in who asks why you are there and directs you to where you should park.

Audi have always been good with us before. Hopefully they will be the same when i give them a call. If they dont want to allow it then Glasgow Quay is a good idea as there is plenty of space and we can go for food etc

Ideally we can get a few meets under our belts and then speak about getting a proper scottish meet that everyone can be involved with.

This is just a kick-off meet, getting our toes wet as it were. Once there have been a few smaller local meets around the country (maybe once a month or so) we can put our heads together and arrange a proper, central, national meet somewhere.

I'm sure Audi will be more than happy to host loyal customers, and it'd surely be good for business for people to have a look at what can be done with their products (and since most of our cars are OEM+, there's even potential sales there too - wheels, lights etc).

As far as I know, Stirling Audi are usually more accommodating than Glasgow Audi for these sorts of things. And its a bit more central a location, certainly for those of us from up North.

I am more than happy to take a back seat if someone else wants to come up with another idea and take to do with trying to sort things out.

Wasn't trying to steal anyones thunder, but just think, before finalising the location, Glasgow Audi should be asked if they are happy with Audi-sport holding the meet there.

Hektor, have you, or anyone else, approached Glasgow Audi about this?

Wasn't trying to steal anyones thunder, but just think, before finalising the location, Glasgow Audi should be asked if they are happy with Audi-sport holding the meet there.

Hektor, have you, or anyone else, approached Glasgow Audi about this?

Not bothered by that at all, feel free to get stuck in. The more input the better.

Like i said before, I have had meetings there before without issue, but if this is going ahead then audi will be asked.

Ive not asked them as i wanted to be sure people were actually committed to meeting up on a given date.

If a list can be formed with names then it gives an idea of numbers. No doubt audi will want to know roughly how many people will show etc

I would come, but I'm in discussions with Audi about handing back my A4, so may not have an Audi to come in. Plus the wee one has a due date of the 25th, so I think it might be a wee bit too soon. However, swmbo's sister lives in Glasgow, so if she wants to visit...

We don't need a formalised list with members names. All we need is the nod from Braehead and thats it. All they would need to know is approx. numbers. And members to know the time and venue......simples!!!

Stuck a list on the original post, Mark.

I think I'm going mad with power already!

:superman:

Reactions: HEKTOR
can a non scottish member tag along? i do have a scottish area code, registration number on the car :blush::racer: hehehe

Just spoken to Braehead Audi and they cant see it being a problem. The woman that would give the nod is playing golf today so I have sent an email with all the details. The sales manager that I spoke to seemed very interested especially when I said there will be afew S/RS models attending. Hopefully she will reply tonight.

can a non scottish member tag along? i do have a scottish area code, registration number on the car :blush::racer: hehehe

My plate's code is PK (Preston)... I hope I'm allowed in too :ninja:

Last edited:
Best thing to do is meet up at Harthill services on the M8.......not that far away from both Edinburgh and Glasgow - you just follow the signs for Glasgow when you get onto Edinburgh by-pass then onto M8 and park up in Harthill services and we'll meet you there.. I will be going in convoy with DannyH76's TTS.

Was gonna txt Ilim and tell him to meet us at the same place. Should see if Paullie is coming as she's Aberdeen way too.

Last edited by a moderator: