1st Service

I

imported_migzy

The nasty day has finally come and i've just found out the proper downside of living in London.

£410 for the service.

Phoned around and booked it in with Audi in Brigton £320

Got the day off anyway, so looks like a nice trip to the seaside and still quids in, even with the cost of petrol.

MIgzy

Hating those dealerships

Travel north on the A1 for around the same distance (70 miles) and you could save another £100.

Vindis Audi at Huntingdon quoted around £220 a couple of weeks ago for the 1st AVS serice on an A3.

Telephone 01480 45 45 45.

The dealer I mentioned charged me £184.24 back in September 05. When I asked them for quote the other week for comparrison to the figures being quoted by others here on the forum they quoted £220. Could be related to the cost of the oil I suppose. Still a good figure compared with some that are being quoted.

£150 for me but then I have to live in Dundee.

I wonder if there's a difference on price according to engine type, i've got the 3.2 and all of you that have been quoted have the TDI.

****** if i know, but i'll ask em tomorrow.

Cheers

Migzy

[ QUOTE ]
£150 for me but then I have to live in Dundee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suddenly £410 seems quite cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

The labour content is the same 1.10 hours for all models in the new A3 range. The materials may vary of course.

Migzy - how did u get on with your 1st service in terms of cost and customer service?

Could you give us a breakdown of the price please?

Was it just a straight forward service or did it include Haldex or the brake fluid change due every 2 years?

Thanks mate.

I have just booked my 1st service for the 29th done about 14.5k in a little (15days) over a year. Tyres (Rosso's) are shot... getting those sorted at the weekend (hopefully - on the maintenance plan you see! Wont do that again!) other than that I'm hoping they don't find anything wrong with it. I've asked them to look into the knocking on the back end... said that I have read lots about the knock suspension on the Internet so if they fob me off I'll kick off big style. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

it's booked in for Monday, so i'll let everyone know.

Cheers

Migzy

Proud owner of a new Snooper Indago

right here we go, the breakdown

sump plug £0.95
oil filter £5.40
Filterelem £17.55
screen wash £3.12
longlife oil £76.56

and a wopping £171 for labour.

Comes in at £322 including VAT.

Got a lovely brand new 2L Turbo as a courtesy car and my car was ready when they said it would be.

All in all pretty good service, shame labout cost so much these days.

Cheers

Migzy

[ QUOTE ]

and a wopping £171 for labour.

All in all pretty good service, shame labout cost so much these days.

Cheers

Migzy

[/ QUOTE ]

So how long did it take, i.e. what was the hourly labour rate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The normal time allowed by Audi for the fisrt AVS service on an 8P A3 is 1.10 hours.

When I had my first service back in September 2005 the labour cost was £114.40. Some of the parts prices seem a bit expensive as well. I only part £24.99 for the long-life oil for example. My total cost was £184.24

2 hours for the service labour!!!! That sounds like the longest anyone has had so far!

Isn't that double what the Audi service spreadsheet says according to Dave R?

What did they do for the other hour?

Presumably this was an AVS service?

Did you get quotes from Crawley Audi and the newly opend Horsham Audi too?

What is Filterelem @ £17.55 ?

I think all these variations on the service cost\time taken is outrageous. Does the 3.2 cost more than the others?

Would it be a good idea to have a sticky thread for people to post what service they had done, where, what the cost was and what the breakdown was including time and parts as Migzy has done?

Cheers.

My 1st AVS service was about £200, and its a 3.2.

Had it done in Lincoln

They did forget to secure the bit of plastic under the engine bay though and it made a funny noise over 80mph

They fixed it !

But now its broken...... waiting new gearbox

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Well good(ish) news. Just had a phone call back from National Tyres and they have finall spoken to Audi and got the required order number for my 2 front tyres (about time) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif.

And the good news is that I'm getting Rosso's fitted and not any other rubbish... the guy said these are the only tyres they are allowed to fit to this type of car!!! Yerh ok mate whatever!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

good idea, list of service prices would be great, Audi in Brentford were going to charge me £420 for my 1st service on the 3.2.

So i recon i got off lightly with £320, at least i had a nice day out in brighton.

Cheers

Migzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Certainly a good idea to maintain a list of service prices from different dealers as they do seem to vary a lot.

Perhaps 'marriedblonde' or another moderator could make this particular thread a 'sticky' and we could all add to it as we get any further quotes.

Certainly my dealer in Huntingdon is quoting £225 for the full 1st service on an 8P A3.

The Audi Fleet data spreadsheet quotes 1.10 hours for the 1st AVS service and 1.60 hours for the 2nd AVS service so it would be interesting to know why some dealers seem to charge more. Perhaps asking a dealer for a quote to include on this forum may encourage some to give a slightly better price.

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly a good idea to maintain a list of service prices from different dealers as they do seem to vary a lot.

Perhaps 'marriedblonde' or another moderator could make this particular thread a 'sticky' and we could all add to it as we get any further quotes.

Certainly my dealer in Huntingdon is quoting £225 for the full 1st service on an 8P A3.

The Audi Fleet data spreadsheet quotes 1.10 hours for the 1st AVS service and 1.60 hours for the 2nd AVS service so it would be interesting to know why some dealers seem to charge more. Perhaps asking a dealer for a quote to include on this forum may encourage some to give a slightly better price.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea, David. My Sportback hasn't yet asked me for its first service, but Huntingdon is about 60 miles from me and at that price well worth a call!

[ QUOTE ]
good idea, list of service prices would be great, Audi in Brentford were going to charge me £420 for my 1st service on the 3.2.

So i recon i got off lightly with £320, at least i had a nice day out in brighton.

Cheers

Migzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't suppose you got a price from Audi in Walton(only 5 miles away from Brentford) as thats where I bought mine from and am now wondering what they charge.

did phone the one in reading, that was about 35 mile away and they came in about 40 quid cheaper.

Cheers

Migzy