2.0 FSI chain tensioner issues!

dbrist02

Reaction score
Hi guys,

new to the forum and wondering if anyone could offer any help,

The chain tensioner on my 2.0 fsi is nackered, the bottom runner has snapped off, I've got a replacement chain and tensioner but I'm struggling to fit it

I'm assuming I have to take the inlet cam off to be able to swap out the chain, but I can't get the bottom half of the cam cover off it seems without taking the timing belt off the other side (hopefully the pic will explain it better than I do) where can I go from here? don't really want to remove timing belt as it seems a lot more work, but if it's the only way?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,348
What you need is.... a member called Craigcull im sure he's just done one of these engines chains! Send him a pm, he is in the know about TFSI chains and nuts/bolts.

What you need is.... a member called Craigcull im sure he's just done one of these engines chains! Send him a pm, he is in the know about TFSI chains and nuts/bolts.
hi bud craig just done my car change chain and tensioner and inlet camshaft and new pickup pipe and new pcv now car run like dream yes just send pm thanks again