2.0 TDi Boost Pipes on Intercooler Weeping - What can be done?

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
As the title says, my boost pipes and I'm sure a lot of other peoples boost pipes leak due to the crappy push fit design of the pipes.

What can be done? Obviously a bigger better intercooler, (Examples of??) I know there are some people with big power 2.0TDi's on here. Want to get this sorted as my car currently whistles on boost very slightly and I can only put it down to this.

I know Forge said they are bringing out a Silicone hose kit, but that must use the same fittings??

Thanks in Advance,
Joe

I think the forge pipes have the metal fitting tie thingys which tighten with a screwdriver (forgot the name) rather than the simple clips used by audi.. I'm personally gonna wait and see what their like

Thats spooky.

Got my car back from a service early this week and they advised me on the same problem.

Intercooler pipe/turbo pipe weeping slightly.

I also have the whistling turbo, but I have just put that down to the fact that it is going to break soon :)

Get some forge pipes and let me know the result Joe.

( ohh....and get that bluetooth fitted!)

Have Forge manufactured those pipes yet? There was a thread where someone from Forge said they were nearly ready, just a few more weeks.

Scottie, you have a PM on VAG OC.

Group Buy? lol

Massive weak point with this engine though, needs sorting. The intercooler itself is fine, more than big enough to cope with a remap but once the fittings are just so crap they dont even hold on a car without a remap lol

Great design Germanians! lol

Which pipes are causing the problem? The s and L inlet and outlet pipes from the intercooler or other ones?

The pipes either side of the intercooler are causing the problem. They leak. You can tell because from the underneath there is a layer of oil where the pipes arent sealed correctly. It's only due to audi's stupid push fit connectors. (I think)

Joe

Any news on the forge pipes? I want to get this sorted, my car now makes a nice squeal due to boost escaping.

Joe

Ive got a ths tfsi intercooler with bigger s and l pipes with metal connectors. Has stopped turbo weeping at very low revs. And has allowed me to run my hybrid at 1.8bar perfectly :)