2.0 tdi diesel fuel filter change procedure

RGC

Keep on rollin
Reaction score
does any one know of the procedure to change the filter element on this fuel filter type (see photo below)

photopi0.jpg

Hi!
First of all you need everything to be clean around. then you have to remove all 6 screws and lift the top. After that, use a hose or something to remove some of the fuel inside or it will spill over and make a mess around.
Once you have the fuel out you need to pull hard on the filter to take it out. Put the new cartridge in place and be careful to fix it in the proper position. It has only one correct position. You will notice on top of the cartridge 4 holes which should match the 4 hoses you see in the picture above. you may need to push had on the cartridge to fix it in place. Put the seal rings you should have in the box with the cartridge on top to match the holes than you can put the cap back and screw it into place.

Be careful not to get dirt in the filter and to match the holes on top.
That's about it!

Would anyone have a picture of the fuel filter as the one I have purchased doesn't look correct ?
thanks

I had the same problem when I've changed mine. There were two filter types and had to buy both just to be sure that I have the right one. I talked to the sales man that I'll be back with the remaining filter and he agreed to return my money.
One was a thin and long and the other one was shorter and... fatter.
The first one was the good one.

So what mileage have people changed there's at & any difference in running & no I dont mean power just sounding better or anything really to warrant changing now.

The only reason i changed mine was i ran the fuel tank just about bone dry and pulled all the ***** from the bottom of the tank.

Symptoms were loss of power at 4000 RPM.

thanks for the picture, that is the same as the one I have bought so must be correct :)

Here is recommended to change all the filters at 15,000 km (~9300mi). Last time I've changed mine (diesel filter + oil filter + oil) at about 9,200 mi. The fuel filter was quite dirty. After that the engine seemed to run a lot smoother, but again, I've changed all filters...

The only reason i changed mine was i ran the fuel tank just about bone dry and pulled all the ***** from the bottom of the tank.

Symptoms were loss of power at 4000 RPM.

Thats a good enough reason for me, lmao

Here is recommended to change all the filters at 15,000 km (~9300mi). Last time I've changed mine (diesel filter + oil filter + oil) at about 9,200 mi. The fuel filter was quite dirty. After that the engine seemed to run a lot smoother, but again, I've changed all filters...

You just sent some of my money again, lol, thats fine cause going to audi to pickup my R8 coolant cap so no sweat & easy job so why not huh.

Here is the part number for the VAG filter 1K0 127 434 A - 1KO127434A

IMG_4221.jpg