2.0 TDI S-tronic gearbox jearkines- Opinions wanted

El_Me

A4 Avant /B9/ - 2.0 TDI
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I know this is a common name for a thread but bear with me this is something new.
I've tried my best to find the same or even similar problems on the internet but there is nothing that matches these symptoms.

So here it goes... when I press the gas pedal RPM jump slightly(100 rpm) and return in approx. 1 second and resume normal acceleration.
I've uploaded 2 videos on youtube but watching just one will give you a sense of what I'm talking about. You can tell when I press the pedal by watching at the fuel consumption.
(warning: radio music playing)

This jump and delay in rpm causes an evident jerk which ruins all the fun.
Car is regularly dealer serviced and they say gearbox is working properly, there is nothing they can do, and it's state of art with early years (08/2016).

Clutches, DMF or mechatronics...?

It’s hard to tell what’s going on as we can’t see the accelerator operation but have you tried it in different drive select modes?
In my car (diesel DSG also) the clutch engages faster and with less “feathering” in dynamic than in other modes, in manual also it can feel even more noticeable.
If yours feels the same in all modes then it would suggest there is something wrong, maybe a gearbox map could get you what you’re looking for?