2.0 TDI S Tronic Quattro lack of service history

mattyy

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently taken delivery of a A3 2.0Tdi Quattro S tronic. After being told full service history was evident for the car and now investigating a little deeper this doesnt look to be the case. There seems to be some conflciting information on service intervals but I'm just seeking for some advice on how people will feel about the realiabilty of a car with this service history;

Good service history up until 14,000m (2019) - Audi carried out two services from new and an additional brake fluid change.
Car was sold with just over 15,000m on it in 2020, who then had it for one year and traded it in again.
I am now the next owner with the car and it sits at 45,000m.
Its had a major service and cambelt change recently but there is no service history between 2019 - Oct 2021. Even if it got an oil change service on the second owner sale it means the car would of done 30k in 12 months with potencially no oil change.
This also means that it is overdue a gearbox service by 8k and a haldex service, which perhaps should of been done twice?

I know this does'nt mean that the car has'nt had any servcing within that time but I have no record of it.

Am I nuts for thinking about chucking this in for a gearbox & haldex service and keeping it?

Could've been serviced by a garage who don't log it on the Digital Service History system.

Could've been serviced by a garage who don't log it on the Digital Service History system.
Definitely, but I have no record or receipts of any of it being carried out. Effectively a gap in the service history, so if we assume worse case that it hasnt been, how put off should I be? The more I think about it the more put off I am, but otherwise the car ticks all the boxes so I am a little reluctant to return!

My 2015 S4 came with a full Audi service history, but I soon discovered that the DSG fluid change every 38k is a separate item and not part of the routine servicing. Very misleading to state a full service history, but Audi HQ couldn't care less. The car had 60k miles when I bought it so I was pretty worried as I was 22k overdue! I changed the fluid and external filter straight away myself and it's been absolutely fine, smooth and free from noises over the last 6k miles.

Maybe I was lucky because it was the later revisions of the DSG, if it were pre-facelift then I might not have got away with it, but who knows.

I would get the various fluids done and closely inspect the condition of the old fluids plus look out for anything else coming out, then make a decision from that?

Hi,

I've recently taken delivery of a A3 2.0Tdi Quattro S tronic. After being told full service history was evident for the car and now investigating a little deeper this doesnt look to be the case. There seems to be some conflciting information on service intervals but I'm just seeking for some advice on how people will feel about the realiabilty of a car with this service history;

Good service history up until 14,000m (2019) - Audi carried out two services from new and an additional brake fluid change.
Car was sold with just over 15,000m on it in 2020, who then had it for one year and traded it in again.
I am now the next owner with the car and it sits at 45,000m.
Its had a major service and cambelt change recently but there is no service history between 2019 - Oct 2021. Even if it got an oil change service on the second owner sale it means the car would of done 30k in 12 months with potencially no oil change.
This also means that it is overdue a gearbox service by 8k and a haldex service, which perhaps should of been done twice?

I know this does'nt mean that the car has'nt had any servcing within that time but I have no record of it.

Am I nuts for thinking about chucking this in for a gearbox & haldex service and keeping it?
HI I have sme car and it never bothered me some history.... I had partial
When you buy car you are then responsible for maintenance..
Ppl will sell car with all possible history and car will get broken faster..
But yours previous owner made a lot K miles within only year haha I did 30k in 2 n half years..
Yeah do usual sht by yourself .. nothing hard when you said the difficult part cambelt was done.

If you haven’t done so already, then registering as a commercial user on Audi’s Erwin system will give you access to digital service history for any Audi by using its VIN.

Even then, some serving might have been done but not recorded on the system. My S3’s MMI indicated a service had been done shortly before my purchase, though as there was no record the supplying garage did another.

My VW Transporter also came to me with no history for its first 2 years / 37k. This amounted to one single oil change in reality, so I took the gamble and it’s been fine in the 7 years since.

30k in a short period of time indicates long distance driving, which is quite gentle on a vehicle. If you intend to keep the car a long time then I would do any servicing you feel comfortable with. Trade valuations don’t vary hugely for cars like this with one missing oil change - and, as pointed out, additional items like Haldex and other fluids are often overlooked completely.

A little more information on this, I managed to track down the garage that sold this car before the jump in miles. It was sold in March 2021 with 15k and then advertised for sale in Aug 21 with 45k. The 30k miles seems to been done between 4-5months. I have managed to get the service invoice for the work the other garage carried out in March but as there was no requirement to change the oil it was'nt done.
It seems that any history as part of that sale has 'disapeared' so there is nothing to say that the car wasnt serviced within those 5 months of high mileage useage, but given how high and quickly put on it was I very much doubt it was.

A little more information on this, I managed to track down the garage that sold this car before the jump in miles. It was sold in March 2021 with 15k and then advertised for sale in Aug 21 with 45k. The 30k miles seems to been done between 4-5months. I have managed to get the service invoice for the work the other garage carried out in March but as there was no requirement to change the oil it was'nt done.
It seems that any history as part of that sale has 'disapeared' so there is nothing to say that the car wasnt serviced within those 5 months of high mileage useage, but given how high and quickly put on it was I very much doubt it was.
Car was used daily on long trips
Would check everything