2.0 tdi water temperature problem

dolcevita4

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got a 2012 a6 c7 manual - 2.0 tdi (177)

Only had the car for about a month and noticed that the temperature sensor takes a long time to reach 90deg and quite often it remains at 70 deg i.e. on my work commute (9miles - around town) never reaches 90 deg. I've noticed that it reaches 90 deg on motorways.

Coming from an audi a4 b7 1.9 tdi I would have assumed that the thermostat requires changing but id rather ask you guys before.

Has anybody had similar issue ? I ve had a stroll around Internet and found someone with similar problem who has taken the car to the stealers just to be told it is normal specially on the manual box.

All help appriciated

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

My 13 plate TDi id a similar thing. In cold weather it would reach 90, then I'd notice that it had dropped back a couple of bars then would go back up again. It would fluctuate quite a lot on really cold days.

I think it's diesels and cold weather. Mine struggles to get to 90C (unless on long motorway run) in temps below 10C, my son's French diesel does the same and I was having a coffee with a mate yesterday who was making the same observation about his new Merc C Class diesel :highly amused:

It is taking awfully long time to reach the correct temperature - i don't remember any of my previous audis doing that or if they were it meant that thermostat required replacing.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello
Just put from the inside behind the grill a big piece of something that don’t let the radiator get cooled and drive for a test if your car get quickly warm it’s only the cold weather if not you need to replace your thermostat because it stay open al the time