2.0 tfsi 2011 or 2009 TTS?

James.B8

Reaction score
Hi all,

Popped over from the A4 section. Looking at buying a petrol TT/TTS for my girlfriend and myself to go along with the a4. Want something a bit more sporty over my diesel b8 a4 and her Ford KA and a petrol TT seemed like a good option.

Question is...would a lower milage and newer 2.0 tfsi TT s line Quattro be more reliable and just as fun as a higher milage and older TTS? TT is obviously cheaper and look just as nice but TTS performance is more attractive. I'd probably do a few engine mods if I went for the TT. Is it worth spending a few thousand more on a TTS or not?

Thanks in advance,
James

Personally I would say TTS all day long over the TFSI if you can afford it. If you went TFSI and spent 1-2k on mods, even if it were as quick/quicker, you've lost that money straight away,the TTS will hold its value better making it a better investment than the TFSI. For a few hundred quid the TTS could be mapped and then it will be far quicker and nicer than any TFSI - if you wanted to mod that is.. TTS also has more street presence than the TFSI. Basically, if you can afford it, get the TTS! Lol.

Reactions: James.B8
Personally I would say TTS all day long over the TFSI if you can afford it. If you went TFSI and spent 1-2k on mods, even if it were as quick/quicker, you've lost that money straight away,the TTS will hold its value better making it a better investment than the TFSI. For a few hundred quid the TTS could be mapped and then it will be far quicker and nicer than any TFSI - if you wanted to mod that is.. TTS also has more street presence than the TFSI. Basically, if you can afford it, get the TTS! Lol.
Thanks for the reply. That's some good points. Something to think about. Just moving into a new house next month so the car will have to wait unfortunately