2.0 Tfsi 220 engine spec?

K2MNG

Reaction score
I have a 2.0 tfsi special edition (2wd) and am considering getting it re-mapped, however a number of tuning companies only quote power / torques increases the same as the standard 2.0tfsi (200) yet others quote higher figures for this spec engine.

Is the standard engine in the 220 exactly the same as the 200 apart from Audi have just 'chipped it' or does it have any uprated components e.g. fuel pump / turbo / intercooler etc?

If it is the same would it be safe to get it re-mapped to approx 260bhp without any additional mods as I was proposing to use Motech for the re-map and they quote this figure for 220 spec?

cheers, if it's only chipped a bit by audi does that therefore mean it's prob only best to stick to the same 'stage 1' power gains as the 200 as there are no stronger 'mechanicals' to cope with more power? is 260bhp without any other mods ok for the 2.0Tfsi?

Cheers S-line wales, out of interest how long have you had yours re-mapped for and any problems since? is everything else engine wise standard? and did the the re-map make a decent difference. thanks

I am organising a group buy for Superchips Bluefin modules, if your interested just check out the Group Buy forum or link in my sig?

You should get somewhere between 40 and 55 bhp gain from the bluefin.

Thanks for the heads up though I don't think superchips do a re-map for the 220 either as a bluefin or standard re-map - well not according to their website anyway. I'll phone them up to check though. cheers

Thanks for the heads up though I don't think superchips do a re-map for the 220 either as a bluefin or standard re-map - well not according to their website anyway. I'll phone them up to check though. cheers

Ok just spoken to SuperChips as I had a few queries to sort out.

They do cover the A4 DTM and the 220 special edition models in the same unit. You wont get as much of a dramatic increase as the standard 2.0T because audi have done half the job already, they just finish the job off really.

Audi A4 DTM
2005 onwards
Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
Engine size : 1984 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 216
Original nm : 300
BHP increase : 23
NM gain : 27
Lb/Ft gain : 20
http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/a42lturbodtm.pdf

Thanks, had spoken to them today and got the same response and like you say not the best power gain, Motech quote 260bhp and 350nm for a standard re-tune am just confused as to why they think thats ok power wise without any other mods as opposed to Superchips quote.

thanks again, will have a think about it.

Some tuners quote the highest figure they've seen/recorded whilst others quote the lowest or average and anything the customer gains above this is bonus.

Defo get is mapped it's wicked. You need an upated diverter valve too really as the old ones fail. Audi do the uprated piston type one for around 40 pounds and is essential for running more boost. Yours may already have the piston valve as it's the 220. Go to an Audi/Volkswagen tuner as they will know. Call Jabbasport (Crowland, Peterborough) as these guys know everything you could possibly know. They knew as soon as they drove my car it wasn't running right so they mapped it, logged what boost it was holding and found that my diaphramed diverter valve was split and they had Audi piston part in stock and fitted it then my car was a new animal