2.0 TFSI into an 8L S3?

How would you run the TFSI engine?
Standalone ECU or full TFSI harness and ECU which no doubt would have numerous CEL's as the other car parts wouldn't be talking to the ECU.

Looks like a head ache either way

fitted two of these in mk4 platform cars and one in a mk3 golf all over 300bhp and go really well, sooting really is nat that big of an issue

Reactions: S3 OKR
fitted two of these in mk4 platform cars and one in a mk3 golf all over 300bhp and go really well, sooting really is nat that big of an issue

I think at relatively low power it isn't too much of a problem but on a more highly tuned engine you really will notice the difference before and after cleaning the inlets.

i mean it's not as bad as everyone makes out, it just needs to be kept clean, not a massive job either. yes it's a pita just had to do RS4 clean, that is PITA but once every other year surely not a big deal :)

Reactions: S3Alex
i mean it's not as bad as everyone makes out, it just needs to be kept clean, not a massive job either. yes it's a pita just had to do RS4 clean, that is PITA but once every other year surely not a big deal :)

I do see what you're saying but as many of us in the 8P area are finding,if you start tuning the engine,you only increase the problem.

Obviously you get more oil vapour blown through but also you notice the effects more as you try to push more air through narrowed inlets.

I've got some good pics of the problem and at less than a year between being cleaned out.

Left as stock,or maybe at Stg1,it may not be too significant.

Reactions: olethalb
secondary injectors (inlet based) on big powered only way.
water meth, pcv deletes, catch cans all required on tfsi motors to degunk their poor inlets

shocking design which renders a modern engine coked up! ***

secondary injectors (inlet based) on big powered only way.
water meth, pcv deletes, catch cans all required on tfsi motors to degunk their poor inlets

shocking design which renders a modern engine coked up! ***

Agreed....

Port injector rail ready for when I get around to it

WMI hasn't made any difference,nor has PCV delete and previous Forge catch can.

This lot below removes all of the breathers from venting into the inlet.

And the muck that VTA system collects....

Agreed....

Port injector rail ready for when I get around to it

WMI hasn't made any difference,nor has PCV delete and previous Forge catch can.

This lot below removes all of the breathers from venting into the inlet.

And the muck that VTA system collects....

thing is the delete you mention is'nt a delete..
The large rear outlets from the PCV still go direct into the turbo inlet, you only block off the front rocker cover ones on the so called "deletes"
You cant block them all off for obvious reasons, it has to vent somewhere, just rather it was'nt so oily and sent into a dry intake to get stuck to stuff.

dissapointing re wmi not really helping. I know my leons inlet are coked and I added wmi to stem the increase but its not gone, but does'nt look worse last I looked. Scared to look again, lol.

Reactions: jojo and S3Alex
I know.....its a royal PITA.

The PCV delete that everyone mentions isn't really a delete at all and those 2 breathers at the rear empty a load of oil into the turbo.

All it deletes is the PCV.

That setup I posted above does delete all of the offending breathers and goes to the tank shown.

I'll have a better idea of how this has coped in a month or so when the bigger turbo and exhaust manifold arrive.

Well, at least you know it fits! :cool:

9c7c76c479d0d549c3275377207d7a68_zps337e4565.jpg

409266f2dead8e002f5189bd860a7af5_zpsd09509f8.jpg

cb7c7f268c9ebf209a91ff5f70bb2ce6_zps596bc037.jpg

So back on topic, the guy who owns the above has decided to break the car! Which means the complete conversion is up for sale on Facebook! It's running stage2 aswell for anyone interested?

So back on topic, the guy who owns the above has decided to break the car! Which means the complete conversion is up for sale on Facebook! It's running stage2 aswell for anyone interested?

I Brought It And Finished It Off
26446af4dab9c01fb1e4c0980b207f9e.jpg

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, JUS3IN, jaykay8L and 10 others
Would Love To Dsg It But I'm Useless So Will Need Someone To Do It For Me

Storm Developments and AMDTuning have both done DSG conversions.

The next is an expensive but very versatile solution.....Syvecs make an ECU for the TFSi which I use,which is set up to run DSG boxes.

There is also this place,for any problems you may have running a DSG conversion on a non-Syvecs equipped car....

http://www.dsg-dokter.nl/

Storm Developments and AMDTuning have both done DSG conversions.

The next is an expensive but very versatile solution.....Syvecs make an ECU for the TFSi which I use,which is set up to run DSG boxes.

There is also this place,for any problems you may have running a DSG conversion on a non-Syvecs equipped car....

http://www.dsg-dokter.nl/

Any Ruff idea on how much it will cost to dsg it ? I haven't really looked into it yet. Need to start calling these company's. But first work my *** off as it won't be cheap

Awesome! We need more info though! Specs? Awesome choice of wheels also, S8 18s?

It's Stage2+ That's big front mount, high pressure fuel pump, ITG intake, full 3" exhaust turbo back.
Revo map
Porsche 6 pot Brembos
Blue haldex controller
KW coilovers
New flat bottom steering wheel
I'm looking to get a Rnse next

Yeh they are 18" from the S8s

Reactions: jojo
Any Ruff idea on how much it will cost to dsg it ? I haven't really looked into it yet. Need to start calling these company's. But first work my *** off as it won't be cheap

Best to speak to the following:

Decked-S3 here on ASN

Ben at AMDTuning
Andy at Storm Developments.

Thanks Alex. Will get in touch with them... I've just youtubed "Audi S3 8l DSG" And Guess What... Ther Is One Already

Firstly, well done on the car! Looks really good! Great conversion too!

I'm interested to see if the DSG box will better 0-60 with its Flawless gear changing, does it have a different gear ratio to that of the manual?

The problem with dsg of that era, Mk1 TT kind of age, is it isn't that fast at all, at least I don't think it is anyway, it's nothing like later generations of dsg or S-tronic

The problem with dsg of that era, Mk1 TT kind of age, is it isn't that fast at all, at least I don't think it is anyway, it's nothing like later generations of dsg or S-tronic

If there's an advantage here it should be that the later model DSGs should interface easier with the TFSi.

The downside is that I know from Decked's 8P conversion that there is a lot of fiddling around,and programming was less than easy,hence the DSG-Dokter.

Firstly, well done on the car! Looks really good! Great conversion too!

I'm interested to see if the DSG box will better 0-60 with its Flawless gear changing, does it have a different gear ratio to that of the manual?

Thanks Fella