2.0T FSI Forged Engine Build Has Started, Big Turbo Build.

Hi Craig....no problems with oil spitting out unless it's really brimmed.

Another thing....since swapping to Motul 300V,and changing the ECU the amount of muck has really gone down by about 75%.

Before all that,it did fill quickly,and was spraying stuff around the engine bay.....also swapped to a Pipercross soft foam filter for the top of the can.
Mine could be full tbh. Ive had to go onto 5w40 as i couldnt get the 10w50 nanodrive intime for the weekend. Where did you buy your filter from?
Its the first time ive seen it. It usualy smokes from the filter a little but that seems normal..

Reactions: Craig Cull
Good to see you stuck with it and it certainly looks like like it's come good in the end, it's a real credit to you, well done Craig

All part of a awesome story...this is probably the only thread i follow. Cudos to you for perseverance. Lovely car.

All part of a awesome story...this is probably the only thread i follow. Cudos to you for perseverance. Lovely car.
Thanks jon, its nice to know people follow it. Kind of keeps me going

Reactions: Jon13s
Sorry to hear of your recent problems. Ive been following this build for ages, absolutely love it. It's definitely inspired me to start a k04 build on my special Ed

Keep up the top work man, and good luck for the future!

Thanks jon, its nice to know people follow it. Kind of keeps me going

A bit of support and encouragement goes a long way when things get rough.....it's already showing results,and when it's finished(you know what I mean.....when it's running daily!) it'll be even better.

A bit of support and encouragement goes a long way when things get rough.....it's already showing results,and when it's finished(you know what I mean.....when it's running daily!) it'll be even better.
Yeah it goes a very long way. Some people on here arent for big enginr work etc, because of that they dont appreciate how much work has gone into it. Bet ive got 500 hours in it, day, night and early mornings where weve been resting our heads on the front panel exhausted and out of ideas. Launching tools in fits of rage etc, but then the other extreme of jumpinh for joy and celebrating with a beer whilst high fiving each other lol. Its all part of the process/learning curve.
Ive been driving it to work and back from cold etc and all is good but im always listening for noises, watching the dis and looking at the laptop results. Its gonna be a while before ill do a long motorway run or take it for a good sunday morning no holes barred blast i think. But its nice to look at

Reactions: S3Alex
It does look excellent.

I spent the first month after mine came back listening for anything,and being wary of going more than the morning drive in to work and back.

Now I'm used to how different it sounds and drives,but it's louder and more rattly then before....

You've put not only time and money,but effort into yours as well,and I stopped well short of that as I know what a spanner looks like,but that's it.

It does look excellent.

I spent the first month after mine came back listening for anything,and being wary of going more than the morning drive in to work and back.

Now I'm used to how different it sounds and drives,but it's louder and more rattly then before....

You've put not only time and money,but effort into yours as well,and I stopped well short of that as I know what a spanner looks like,but that's it.
whats yours like from cold with the rfd? mine doesnt like a cold start, but once its off the choke its fine. once its upto temp its sweet. something youve experienced?

whats yours like from cold with the rfd? mine doesnt like a cold start, but once its off the choke its fine. once its upto temp its sweet. something youve experienced?

On the previous Revo software it would start OK,and idle without problems,but would not pull any load over 3500rpm until fully warm.
It would cough and hesitate.

With the new brain...no problems at all,and you wouldn't know anything had been done.

On the previous Revo software it would start OK,and idle without problems,but would not pull any load over 3500rpm until fully warm.
It would cough and hesitate.

With the new brain...no problems at all,and you wouldn't know anything had been done.
right, thats the same as mine then. think i maybe looking into syvecs next year.

right, thats the same as mine then. think i maybe looking into syvecs next year.

Go to Storm Developments.
Andy is excellent,and knows what he's doing.

It isn't cheap for sure,but it's light years ahead of the stock ECU and I'm still amazed by how much smoother the power delivery is.

Go to Storm Developments.
Andy is excellent,and knows what he's doing.

It isn't cheap for sure,but it's light years ahead of the stock ECU and I'm still amazed by how much smoother the power delivery is.
What kind of figures you talking price wise? Cheap is one thing this build hasnt been, so anythings an option right now lol

What kind of figures you talking price wise? Cheap is one thing this build hasnt been, so anythings an option right now lol

The ECU is £2.5k

There may be some programming costs but should be minimal after the setup and learning done on mine.

nice story, hmm now just great times! ok ? :) greeting from Slovakia

hi guys just a quick one....
to follow this build a little closer and more personally....
please join the facebook group Audi Uk Modified
and help spread the word. remember ANY Audi can join this group.
cheers

Well its been a while since my last confession and im afraid my luck has definitely hit its worst possible point.

The head dropped a valve and smashed the engine to bits. Damaging all 4 pistons, all 4 bores and destroying the head. It damaged all 4 injectors and the turbo.... £5k down the swanny.

Long and short of it in this situation, i couldnt prove the cause of the failure as i stripped the head off and because of this i had to make as much money back from the working parts as possible and buy another engine.

So!!! I was close to walking away but i just wont be beaten. I havent come this far to fall at the final hurdle. This car has amazing potential and is so dam tidy that i couldnt break it. It would break me if i had to do that.

I now have an engine that was built by TSR Performance and wqs running 580bhp in a leon cupra.
I had the turbo rebuilt by turbo clinic and bought 4 brand new rs4 injectors. Had to replace the intercooler, intake and upgraded to ngk race plugs. Nice way to spend £4500...
I forgot to mention that i had to do a 650 mile round trip to get the engine which took me 12 hours.
We then re installed the engine after fitting the new pick up pipe and changed the chain and tensioner while it was out.

This was last week and my intentions was to attend vw festival this weekend.....

Well lets finish on a positive note!!

Here she was yesterday making me a very happy man.

It entered the show and shine, didnt win but made a massive impression and got some serious attention. This is the only top mount garrett gtx3076r in the country and it was very appreciated by all the enthusiasts and i made alot of new friends and contacts out of it.

Its been a very bad ride and i can remove and refit the full engine from a bare block to a driving car in 6 hours. I can also tell you every singe tool you would need to finish the job.
Ive learned alot about my car....well everything really. But this isnt going unnoticed and im hoping to secure something very special for all you tfsi owners before the year is out.... not to mentiom our very own turbo intake pipes and intake set ups designed by yours truely.

Thank you everyone for supporting me and veing positive about this build, i promise to pass on my knowledge to everyone where possible and hopefully help make these cars even more of a joy to own.

Power figures will be known very soon.although steady driving to to ensure this is build is long lasting is a must. I give it some pasty earlier and its is god dam fast. But i dearnt really brake its back just yet.

Loads of videos will be here first. Make sure you join audi a4 club uk on facebook to see more updates.
I meant to add that the main group for us now is Audi Uk modified, which is a group weve just started to arrange meets throughout the country

I've been off the forums for a few weeks so was looking forward to seeing how you had got on with this, so was quite shocked/saddened to read about the engine being written off.

I'm glad you have stuck with it (although once you've put so much cash and time into it you don't really have a choice but to carry on), and hopefully got everything under control now reddy to make some stupid figures.

Thanks mate, been using it a while now and all seems good. Its going in next months AudiTuner magazine and also going to be in the top 20 power select at Vag Tuning EXPO which is amazing. Maybe after all this and after the figures come to light, i may break it or sell the car as a whole...
I know it sounds rediculous after all this but i just dont know if i can trust it anymore.

But not all is lost as im considering supercharging an RS4 B7 instead. But nothings set in stone so we will see how much publicity it gets first.

supercharging an RS4 B7 , way to go craig , got to give you max points chap for that idea too.

supercharging an RS4 B7 , way to go craig , got to give you max points chap for that idea too.
I just love the B7 and i may have secured one froma good source on here. One off colour respray and a supercharger should pretty much say, weve nailed the B7 lol. Wife thinks im mental. Yet still supports me lol. Most likely break mine to get 90% of the funds back. As i will never get what i would want for it so theres no other option. Ill make sure its recongnised first though.

I just love the B7 and i may have secured one froma good source on here. One off colour respray and a supercharger should pretty much say, weve nailed the B7 lol. Wife thinks im mental. Yet still supports me lol. Most likely break mine to get 90% of the funds back. As i will never get what i would want for it so theres no other option. Ill make sure its recongnised first though.

Whichever route you take,Craig,the very best of luck in getting it to the stage you want.

Whichever route you take,Craig,the very best of luck in getting it to the stage you want.
Cheers Alex, hopefully it will be more straight forward than this one but lets see if i leave it or not yet. I may change my mind after the AudiTuner issue

Just a quick update!!

The Ballistic B7 made the front page on AudiTuner.... granted its not where i would have liked it, but its on the front page never the less!
Hope you buy it to read the positives

Reactions: Dani_B19, voorhees, Marc B7 and 3 others
this has been a great read craig and the car itself is just stunning, well done mate :respekt:

Well as most people know i have left the A4 and bought myself an RS4...
So if you would like to follow the supercharge conversion then please follow the link.

Thank you all for following my build. I hope you have learned alot from it. I know i have.. hahaha!

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/255044/
Just purchased my RS4 B7... Supercharger Conversion build thread.

Not posting on here to often but this really is a great build!
I admire your patience despite all the issues along the build. So many things can go wrong during a engine build of this sort...
The amount of man hours invested and not to mention the money.