2.0TDI 140 CBAB Fuel filter - still not sure I don't need VCDS

Rog_B

Reaction score
I am just about to change the fuel filter and have been told it will be fine without VCDS to prime the pump as long as the filter is full.
I am not sure what to do now, if it doesn't start, I have read you can prime the pumps manually but it
seems like a nightmare. I don't have VCDS or access to it today.
Anyone done the change on this engine with this type of filter?
Thanks
Rog
20150711 105434

Not to worry, I just went ahead and did it. No problems, not even a stutter, just ran like it hadn't even been touched. Phew!

I've never primed it and never had a problem.

Sh1t like this annoys me. Why make cars that need to be electronically fiddled with when there isn't anything wrong with the 'older' method.

Reminds me of BMW...everytime it goes in we get told "oh we'll have to plug it in"...

[/rant]

Reactions: Rog_B
Yeah it's fine. Went on and did the oil and filter. 4L of fresh Mobil 1 5W/30 now residing in the sump.
Not a barrel of fun doing this in the road, but job done and heaps of £££ saved. All filters incl pollen and air.
Back discs and pads too.
Parts from the very helpful Mikeon here. Everything has gone well and now I just need to wind back the SRI sometime and enjoy some happy motoring.
Well, after I get some LED upgrades from trups on here, Right must pay the man now!