2.0tdi Black Ed Ultra 190 ps (Maintenance)

DaveM1992

Reaction score
Hi All.
I have my 2015 A6 (Facelift) over a year now. Loving the experience.

Does anyone have any Maintenance tips? It has a full Audi Service history. 97k miles on the clock. I want to keep everything above board to reduce possibility of any major problems occurring down the line.

The oil service interval seems very long on it. Should I go by the manufactures spec on changing the oil or change it sooner?

Also, how often should gear box oil be changed. It's an S-tronic DSG model. It says every 40k miles. Is that right?

Any tips would be great.

Thanks,
David

There is gearbox oil and, if you have a wet-clutch DSG, also clutch pack oil. It is the clutch pack oil that needs changing as the "debris" from the friction plates collects in the oil.
It might be a good idea to change the gearbox oil every 50k.

As for engine oil, I really don't like the idea of a turbocharger spinning at 100,000 rpm in 19,000 mile-old engine oil. Mine is changed annually.

Nice motor! I have the 2014 version. Audi have changed the oil change recommendation to yearly if you drive short distances/city driving and up to 2 years/18k (check for your car) if its mainly motorway.

Gearbox oil on mine is due at 38K and I had mine changed.

As for my experiences, good car overall (have a current issue with engine management light but dont think thats maintenance related). I had both wing mirror glass delaminate so watch out for any drooping/jiggling or the dip function stopping even if intermittent. Check when the cambelt was changed mine theyre every 5 years/100k and as I had it changed by Audi, I get free MOTs from them so worth checking if that applies to you.

Aside from that, I invested in a meguiars orbital polisher to keep it in good condition. It gets a clay bar and light polish every spring. I strongly recommend enforcing a no drinks, no make up, no bags, no eating rule in the car to keep the interior in top condition. The prior owner put a nasty scratch in the piano black dash which took an age to get out. Dont bother with supaguard or similar from the dealers. Its only worth having if applied properly and the car must be prepped too. A valet booth is not the place to do it. Personally, I prefer to give the car a good wash and wax.

Keep the alloys away from kerbs amd you will be fine! Ive managed to repair superficial scratches with some sandpaper and lacquer (5 arm rotors) on the bare metal section. Not had any issues either and looks as good as new. Getting the right metal finish took a while.

Is it your first Audi or one of many?