2.4 V6 30v secondary air solenoid

mckay9uk

A4 2.4 30V PES Supercharged
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2.4 v6 30v A4 B5 i always thought this car was vrtually identical to the 2.8 apart from the fact that the 2.8's were 4WD and the 2.4s FWD after very recently fitting a supercharger i am having difficulty in completing the secondary air solenoid vaccum set up to the supercharger because my car does not have a secondary air solenoid, can anyone help are there any other 2.4 A4's on the forum ? my cars a 1998 A4 if there are would you mind having a look at the vac line set up on top of the thottle body on your car to see if any other 2.4's have a secondary air solenoid, or have any of you replaced the brittle vac lines? because not even my local Audi dealer can advise on this but this doesnt surprise me ! thanks

I might be able to look up the vac lines on elsa, what details you need specificaly?

To do with this solenoid thingy?

I THINK the earlier 30v engines had a seperate idle control valve, the later engines have it combined with the throttle body.

Is that what you mean by secondary air valve?

Hi All,

if you trace the vaccumm pipes they connect to 2 solenoids above the throttle body, one is blue this is the inlet temp solenoid, one is green this is the secondary air solenoid, my car only has the blue one, i have seen other 2.4's with them both and this confuses me i cant find out why mine has just the blue one, i may also have a problem with my MAF so i'm going to replace that and see if that cures it. But if you have access to any diagrams Mark that would be a big help i need to post my engine code as well for you.

Sussed it, it was a dirty MAF gave it a good old blast with carb cleaner that has fixed it good and proper my car rev's like a bike and the supercharger whine on the top end is addictive !! I'm in love again !