2.5 tdi 180 v6 quattro sport avant air con ?

deanosavanna

Reaction score
just got a 2.5tdi v6 quattro sport avant and the air con blower seems to have a mind of its own ??? it lights up and you can adjust all the settings but the fan dosent kick in. this has been like this for three weeks. spoke to wak from vagcheck to arange a diagnostic and then it just started working again ?????? should i still bother with a diagnostic or just wait and see if it packs up again

You need a new blower motor. this happened to my B5, and seems fairly common as cars start to get older. The brushes wear out on the blower which is why it's intermittant. You can remove the unit and extend the springs on the brushes to get a bit more life from it, but ultimately it will fail. New blowers are only around £80-£100 and it's a DIY install. Have a search on ebay, the OEM unit is made by Valeo

cheers andy checked with german and sweedish in feltham the want £95 inc vat for a valeo but this is only stocked for the b5 mine is the mine is the b6 and they are asking just under £200 inc vat for a special order from germany ??? is valeo german ??? i didnt think so maybe he is talking *****.
is the motor under the glove box ?

the fan isnt working but if i take the fuse out and put it back in it blows for 5secs then cuts out............i might buy i peugeot ha ha

I got mine from vagparts cant remember how much but it was cheaper than £200.

Valeo are French (that's why it's a common faulty part, the only ****** French bit in the whole car).
Try ebay, they've got loads on there not sure what the B6 part number is though. I'll have a look in the morning.
£200 is a joke, should be under a ton.

james0808 said:
I got mine from vagparts cant remember how much but it was cheaper than £200.
It was £170.87 + vat =£200.77 so it was more than £200.
Part No.
8E2 820 021E

By B6 looks like this, completely different from the B5 8D2 820 021 version.
I had this very issue on my B5 about 4 years ago and had to stump up £200 for a replacement from Audi 4U, as there just weren't any available elsewhere. Now you can get the B5 units for £80 incl delivery, I guess the demand isn't there yet for the B6 units.
B6blower.jpg

vagparts are quoting £187.66 plus vat plus a delivery charge for the blower motor but seen a few on ebay for about £80 but not sure if they are new or re-con (new bushes)

The £80 ones are the older B5 models as far as I could see, although there's only one digit difference in the part codes, they are very different.

didnt someone find a part number for replacement brushes for these some time back??????????

Simon

deanosavanna said:
vagparts are quoting £187.66 plus vat plus a delivery charge for the blower motor

They put their price up since i got mine last year,must be selling a few.