2.5 tdi upgrade!

Pastysmasher

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a few ideas for power upgrades for my a6 c5. It's had a remap, performance filter done. The exhaust is booked in, but what the next logical step? Any useful, non bank breaking suggestions, would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I maxed at 220 bhp with simple remap and standard equipment (like you). Next step is always costly. You need larger nozzles larger turbo and a new remap. This is a 2-3000 quid step. Plenty of info here if you have the money and inclination...have fun!

How would I go about finding a suitable intercooler? Where do I start? Don't really wanna do anything clutch based as I only replaced it a few months back.

Standard clutch will hold 500Nm without much bother, however larger nozzles and a bigger turbo at 1.7 Bar of boost will make more than 600Nm of torque so it will slip in high gears. As above, the increased boost needs to be cooled so uprated intercoolers and pipes are needed to keep intake temperatures in check. A good map to take all the above into consideration is mandatory but results are rather surprising considering that the v6 tdi is an old design...