2.5 v6 tdi tuning

Yappy

A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience in tuning the ake 2.5 v6 tdi ?
I've made a decat pipe up for it and done some port work on the heads no chip or remap yet, now what sort of power should it make with these mods it is the 180 bhp quattro as standard
Also what's the best but not so expensive remap to go for ? your views and comments will be great cheers:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience in tuning the ake 2.5 v6 tdi ?
I've made a decat pipe up for it and done some port work on the heads no chip or remap yet, now what sort of power should it make with these mods it is the 180 bhp quattro as standard
Also what's the best but not so expensive remap to go for ? your views and comments will be great cheers:thumbsup:

Ditch the VNT 20 for a garrett GTB 2260Vk or Borg Warner BV50 both off the 3.0 Tdi audi's and throw a set of Bosio race 683 nozzles. Easy 300 Bhp with a good remap.

Reactions: Dima(A4 b6 2.5tdi 180bhp)
Thanks man where do you get the nozzles tho I can't seem to find out where to find em
Also the 3.0 tdi isn't the turbo all electronically opperated actuator ect
Oh and it's done 160 k haha don't wanna breath on it to much hahabut a good 250-260 bhp will be perfect thanks for your help mate

Thanks man where do you get the nozzles tho I can't seem to find out where to find em
Also the 3.0 tdi isn't the turbo all electronically opperated actuator ect
Oh and it's done 160 k haha don't wanna breath on it to much hahabut a good 250-260 bhp will be perfect thanks for your help mate

You will need to convert the turbo to vacuum operated by swappeing the actuator from your existing turbo or a spare one off ebay. The vnt arm will need cutting and welding backwards so it works properly. The oil line will pose a few problems and remember the BV50 isnt clockable but its clocked just fine for v6 tdi. The kkk oil return line is a bit tricky but doable. A custom remap is essential. Nozzles can by supplied by tdifreak on tdiforum...see here: VVT: Tuning van motoren op diesel, PPO, biodiesel. Chiptuning, turbo, verstuivers. Turbojohan, turbodiesel, TDI, VAG. I am looking for 3 sets so maybe we can get a group buy going on. FJTwelve on here has 266 Bhp with a hybrid turbo, said injectors and a custom remap. However the Bosio race 683 will give you bad iddle shudder at iddle, some ecu lets you adjust the injection quantity and/or the iddle speed might need increasing or the pump timing playing with. Good news is the car will be faster than the newer 3.0 tdi engine in stock form !

Well mate your very knowledgeable on these that's just what I need it's just trying to go diesel now from 10 years of tuning petrols your the man and thanks very much also a group buy might good for the injectors would be good as they say every little helps haha cheers man

Last edited:
Question is how does the Clutch hold up with all that extra torque and what of the notoriously soft v6 cams how do they hold up?

Well the clutch bit is easy it's an auto (booooooo)
But should hold it ok.
Now on to the cams it's getting a new set so hope it should be ok I will change the oil every 4-5 k that's what I have done with most of my motors and to be honest if it eats em I'll just have to find better ones if that's possible
Anyway as soon as it's built up I will be posting some pics up and power graphs to I have fequent use of a dyno so will be running some tests alot in fact swapping and changing turbos and what not so I'll let you no how it holds up.
As I said so far it's standard with nothing more than ported heads and a decat with a panel filter
It will be nice to see just what these mods do then some nozzles and bigger turbo pump tuning and more oh not to mention a remap of some sort anyways watch this space cheers fellas:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Is your de cat a custom de cat or an off the shelf unit? how did you get around the issue of fault codes/warning lights after removing the cat?

Also any video/audio clip of it with the cats out? must sound a bit nice (if that's possible for a diesel lol )

Is your de cat a custom de cat or an off the shelf unit? how did you get around the issue of fault codes/warning lights after removing the cat?

Also any video/audio clip of it with the cats out? must sound a bit nice (if that's possible for a diesel lol )

The cats do nothing on a diesel they just there for smell and homologation issues...I have decatted my a6 quattro and fitted a new ABT Sportsline dual exhaust. The car is wisper quiet and there are no issues with the MOT as they are not required on a derv, the MOT tests only the smoke opacity so if your engine's running well then you should have no troubles. My other a4 v6 tdi quattro is passing Mot's for a few good years now with no cats !

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
Question is how does the Clutch hold up with all that extra torque and what of the notoriously soft v6 cams how do they hold up?

Soft cams on the v6 is a urban mith and thex wear due to folks using cheap oil or keeping the car on longlife service intervals. The clutch is fine if you keep the torque under 450Nm it will start to complain after that and the Sachs SRE organic clutch is able to transfer 30% more torque. There are not stronger clutches off the shelf out there but there are a few good companies wich can build a custom clutck kit for you like Dahlback racing,etc.

Yeah it's a custom made decat and will have a full custom exhaust all made by me on it as soon as I get her running again should be done next week

Also I think adamss24 is totally right about the cams use good oil regular changes and the cams are gonna be fine maybe use a magnetic sump plug to it's only gonna help but yeah a well serviced car will go a lot more than a neglected one:happy:

You will need to convert the turbo to vacuum operated by swappeing the actuator from your existing turbo or a spare one off ebay. The vnt arm will need cutting and welding backwards so it works properly. The oil line will pose a few problems and remember the BV50 isnt clockable but its clocked just fine for v6 tdi. The kkk oil return line is a bit tricky but doable. A custom remap is essential. Nozzles can by supplied by tdifreak on tdiforum...see here: VVT: Tuning van motoren op diesel, PPO, biodiesel. Chiptuning, turbo, verstuivers. Turbojohan, turbodiesel, TDI, VAG. I am looking for 3 sets so maybe we can get a group buy going on. FJTwelve on here has 266 Bhp with a hybrid turbo, said injectors and a custom remap. However the Bosio race 683 will give you bad iddle shudder at iddle, some ecu lets you adjust the injection quantity and/or the iddle speed might need increasing or the pump timing playing with. Good news is the car will be faster than the newer 3.0 tdi engine in stock form !
I know this is a really old post, but what do you mean by cutting the vnt arm and welding backwards, why does this achive? I've got a 059145702s (BV50 I beleive?) KKK turbo, I've figured out the mounting, the exhaust from the manifolds to the collector the turbo sits on and also the oil drain, the last bit of the puzzle is the actuator, it appears that it opperates in reverse to the GT2052v, all I was thinking was putting the actuator at the rear of the turbo so when the vacuum is applied when the cars started it pulls the vnt arm down against the stop and when the vacuum is cut by the N75 it pushes it upwards to open the vanes?

The vnt arm on the later gtb turbos is 2.5 times as long as the gt20 so needs either shortening or a vnt20 arm can be welded on at the same point. Look trough my posts on my old project threads for suggestions on how to weld a new arm...plenty pictures there...

I don't know if the VNT arm that goes trough the turbo is the same diameter as the garrett ones but if you remove the bits carefully then you can weld them back again to the same position- it's the outside bit that needs shortening !

Hi gents new to the world of forums so bare with me. Does anyone know of the most powerful UK owned akn tdi v6?

Currently 1.4bar hold gt2052v hybrid 42mm comp, cpc +77% nozzles (after pressure drop (+90%)). Standard clutch, coolers, straight through decat. Hoping for 260ish and 400plus torque

Are you another victim of CPC ? Their hybrid turbos claim 300 Bhp yet only deliver 60 Bhp less ! My old AKE engined a6 tdi quattro did 300 Bhp with a gt20 hybrid, race nozzles and remap and it wasn't even finished tune ! I have just done a turbo kit for another forum member, i am waiting for him to take the car to a dino for a printout but his reactions are speaking volumes !!!
Here's the link to the post... http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/correct-part-number-for-afb-injectors.242201/

Nozzles are cpc because I was messed around by many Portuguese companies trying to supply 683 race nozzles. Hybrid was done by midland turbos. 4 bar map xman.

Have to say that so far I'm very happy with the cpc nozzles. Now that the tuning is coming together, no idle judder and low to mid smoke is sorted. Final 3-4 tweaks to sort fuelling on boost. Currently on 1.6hold. New map tmrw to 1.8hold.

Question is Chris how much would you charge for the gt2260v plug and play? I know no doubt that I will get bored quickly lol so what bhp could I expect, nm??

What's the spec on that turbo of yours ? As far as i know the stock gtb2260vk is good for over 300Bhp and 600-700 Nm of torque, trouble is that it comes in too quick down the revs and it will upset your clutch/flywheel combo. The beauty with my turbo kit it is fully upgradeable with a gtb2566vk as a next upgrade and even have a gtb2260vklr ball bearing kit as well, full boost by 2000rpm's with lightning fast transient response !

42mm 6+6 inducer, updates bearings and cut back turbine. That's all mate still in the standard 2052v. What kind of boost would you recommend on your turbo? Straight forward plug and play? I'm looking at the full sre clutch set up when it goes. The car has 170000 on the standard clutch anyway.

New map going in tonight with 1.7 hold, 1.9 peak, should be on by 2500rpm and 45mg p/s.

42mm 6+6 inducer, updates bearings and cut back turbine. That's all mate still in the standard 2052v. What kind of boost would you recommend on your turbo? Straight forward plug and play? I'm looking at the full sre clutch set up when it goes. The car has 170000 on the standard clutch anyway.

New map going in tonight with 1.7 hold, 1.9 peak, should be on by 2500rpm and 45mg p/s.
What is the compressor size overall ? I take it it's a 60mm exducer with a 42mm inducer 6+6 blades and billet- not a bad size. Martin/FJTwelve kept chasing big numbers with a gt2052v hybrid from Turbo Dynamics, it had a clipped turbine just as yours and 60mm Bmw compressor, it did 266Bhp with a tune from Celtic Tuning. The race nozzles were fitted in the wrong injector bodies hence them nozzles shuddering on idle.
After i bought the car from him I replaced the injectors, rebuilt the engine with new cams and rebuilt the turbo with a 65mm compressor and mercedes GTB2056v turbine. It did 300 Bhp on AMD rollers first try with 2.4 Bar of boost !

Apologies for being off the radar! Devon so about 4-5hrs away. I've got a leak on my turbo bang in the centre and in around 1.4-2.0 bar boost, loads of soot sprays all over my engine bay! Did a run with 2 bar boost and managed 248bhp and 385ft/lbs with sensible smoke (leaking turbo isn't helping). Mate can you pm me details of the turbo set ups you offer? I'd prefer to keep things looking standard in the engine bay ie a bolt on/ minor fabrication. I want to hit 300bhp and 425+ ft/lbs. fmic required first though. Would you recommend a 3" full straight threw exhaust including down pipe? Currently standard down pipe then 2.5-2.25" straight through with decat.

Hi, please look in the classifieds and andrew's build thread in the c5 forum: correct part for AFB-injectors.
I can assure you that the turbo kit looks as standard as it gets, even the engine cover still fits over...

Ditch the VNT 20 for a garrett GTB 2260Vk or Borg Warner BV50 both off the 3.0 Tdi audi's and throw a set of Bosio race 683 nozzles. Easy 300 Bhp with a good remap.
You mention nozzles out of trucks do you have a part numbers or model that have the right ones ??