2.5 v6 tdi?

RyU

Reaction score
anyone else got one on here?
be nice to speak to a couple of owners about this model...

cheers

haha, dont be shy now!!!

I dont have one but hey, thought id spy on this thread!!

You never know :eyebrows:

I was going to get one - but then I got a different one instead. Does that count?

Lol they are imho a fine motor wi plenty of power and chippable. Not that quiet, but then they all get slated for that. Only merc & bmw seem to be able to make a really silent diesel. My Alfa JTD was quiet on the motorway but at tickover, it was still a tractor.

me shy? no way! lol

no real questions just the usual....
mine has 100K miles on the clock...anything i should be aware of?

anyone else got one with an auto box?

sorry, mines manual, and its only done 26k. not alot of help from me on this one

no real questions just the usual....
mine has 100K miles on the clock...anything i should be aware of?

anyone else got one with an auto box?

Mine is manual too, I am not aware of anything specific to be aware of. Timing belt change at 70k as I'm sure your aware, I have also heard its not uncommon for the vanes in the turbo to become sooted up which will affect performance. I bought mine last year with 106k and its now 125k and hasnt missed a beat (touch wood)!

They dont respond terribly well to a remap or so I am led to believe as the fuel pump is pretty much maxed out on the 180's at least.

Is your a fwd or quattro?

:sign_pics:

They dont respond terribly well to a remap or so I am led to believe as the fuel pump is pretty much maxed out on the 180's at least.

Think the 180s can go up to about 210 on the existing pump and possibly injectors. Anything more and you're looking at serious money.

Don't know if the autobox is OK with a re-mapped motor.

Mine is manual too, I am not aware of anything specific to be aware of. Timing belt change at 70k as I'm sure your aware, I have also heard its not uncommon for the vanes in the turbo to become sooted up which will affect performance. I bought mine last year with 106k and its now 125k and hasnt missed a beat (touch wood)!

Is your a fwd or quattro?

:sign_pics:

quite worrying....i think the turbo is sooted up...i get a whining kinda noise and a hesitation when booting it at about 3k rpm...
its going in to the phirm to get looked at next week so fingers crossed it isnt anything major.

mine is front wheel drive, however my insurance document came today adn it says quattro :blink:

failing the turbo being sooted up i would say something up with the auto box :ermm: i believe the auto box does need looking after having been on another site....maybe oil change on it?

cheers :)

quite worrying....i think the turbo is sooted up...i get a whining kinda noise and a hesitation when booting it at about 3k rpm...
its going in to the phirm to get looked at next week so fingers crossed it isnt anything major.

Could be lots of different things :wacko: Hopefully when you get the codes pulled with Vagcom you will know more.

A couple of links for you:

http://www.technologie-entwicklung.de/Gasturbines/VNT15-Turbo/body_vnt15-turbo.html

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19954&highlight=soot+turbo

well.....after 3 hours sat in the car trying to sort out a recovery (yes i have AA cover now!) it turns out that the odd whining noise that i was getting was the gearbox....i believe it was the diff.

was horrible....driving down the road, and all of a sudden whining noise turned into a clunk clunk, then lost drive. car was revving but no movement.

quick phone call to some friends and all believe it was the diff.

car is being repaired as we speak so should be back on the road with a reconditioned gearbox by the end of the week!

i tell you what though, a reconditioned auto box for a 2.5 tdi a4 is not easy to find!!!!!