2 mountain bikes in the back of an Avant?

mrbubba

Reaction score
Going to the Lake District with the Mrs on Monday, need to know if I can get 2 mountain bikes in the rear of my S4 Avant, anyone done this successfully?
If not, I need to get some bars quickly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I got my trek mountain bike in the back. All seats folded down, and with the front wheel removed. I assume another would lie on top and fit also

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As above remove the front wheels and lie them on top of each other. Use an old thick blanket or quilt to separate them.

Reactions: Zafi and mrbubba
Cheers, my research gives various answers! They are both small frames, I'll give it a try tomorrow once the storm has passed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I managed to get 2 mountain bikes in the back of a ford puma so you shouldn't have to much issue.

Reactions: James 123 and DieselJake
Mine just about fit with the wheels off (29er) - or as suggested above stack them on their side but remove the pedals.
I'm from the Lake District before moving down south for work - recommend Whinlatter and the Altura trail. Used to be my old haunt. Good luck :salute:

Reactions: AudiLeon and mrbubba
Can get my Giant Trance ( 27.5 " wheels ) in the back with seats down and wheels off. Can't see why another wouldn't fit. Just put some padding round the sticky out bits to protect the trim of the car.

Get some Thule aero roof bars and cycle carriers. Definitely the way to carry bikes. Store them in the car and it's a lot of faffing about, and it's only a matter of time before you get grease on seats or interior.

Yes it's a little noisier, but you don't need to remove pedals or wheels, plus you want to travel in comfort not squeezing luggage in on top of bikes.

Reactions: Chop.
Back in the day when I was young, fit, skinny and racing full time I managed to get 2 bikes, 4 pairs of wheels and 2 sets of kit-bottles, gear, clothes etc. in the back of a Peugeot 206 along with a team mate for a 3 day race in South Wales.
I reckon you'll be fine.

Had 2 fullsize mountain bikes in the back of mine last week with the seats folded down

shouldn't be a problem. Even in the embarrassingly small boot of the a4.

haha the big avant boot that isnt actually that big :grimacing:
The big car who's interior space isn't that big tbh.
Mines currently in czechnia and i could've just done with an A6 for all the stuff. Maybe next year.

The big car who's interior space isn't that big tbh.
Mines currently in czechnia and i could've just done with an A6 for all the stuff. Maybe next year.

yeh iv been caught out a few times " i'll just chuck that in there " on no i wont

Reactions: AudiLeon