20’’ wheels on my rs3

Sticks

Reaction score
Hi ,

Looking for abit of advice please

Will I be able to fit a set of 20’’ ttrs 2018 wheels to my 2012 rs3 as a straight swap or will I face issues with rubbing or brakes?

Cheers

Last edited:
What size / offset are the TTRS alloys?

I have 20" Oz 's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size / offset are the TTRS alloys?

I have 20" Oz 's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their exact same as original rs3 19 rotors but 20’’
8S0 601 025 AE

Rim Size: 9 X 20 ET 52

PCD: 5 x 112

Well not exactly same, on RS3 it's 8.5 and TTRS have 9. So it's little wider. Not sure if it will fit or rubb. Front maybe it will clear but on the rear I'm not so sure. It's tight on the rear...

Hi ,

Will I be able to fit a set of 20’’ ttrs 2018 wheels to my 2012 rs3 as a straight swap or will I face issues with rubbing or brakes?

Cheers

On a 2012 8P RS3 with 8J wheels on the rear I’d say no chance.

I had rubbing over bumps even when changing from 225 to 235 Michelin’s

Hi guys and thanks for your replies ,

Gutted if they don’t fit as they look really good

Anyone have any recommendations for a new set of wheels 19 or 20’’ that will fit ?

Thanks again for your input you’ve saved me a lot of money

Hi ,

Cheers

This might help:

ET80

I do run 235/35 summer and winter tyres on an OEM 8J ET50 rim at the REAR without fouling problems on my own 8P RS3 - as shown - but for sure I wouldn't go any wider than that. As you now know the TT rim is a 9J and I suspect an ET52 - those of my own TT are anyway. But with an overall width increase of 1"/25mm over the STD 8P rim; me thinks the rim will foul and for sure a tyre would.

19 inch rims

This might help:

View attachment 168023

I do run 235/35 summer and winter tyres on an OEM 8J ET50 rim at the REAR without fouling problems on my own 8P RS3 - as shown - but for sure I wouldn't go any wider than that. As you now know the TT rim is a 9J and I suspect an ET52 - those of my own TT are anyway. But with an overall width increase of 1"/25mm over the STD 8P rim; me thinks the rim will foul and for sure a tyre would.

View attachment 168024
Stunning blue there mate. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one like it:thumbs up:

Is it a metallic paint or flat colour?

Reactions: 45bvtc
Stunning blue there mate. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one like it:thumbs up:

Is it a metallic paint or flat colour?

Flat paint, DW81; in Cornflower blue. There's just the one 8P RS3 in Cornflower blue; and thank you.

Found these recently, spy shots from 2014: https://www.autogespot.co.uk/audi-rs3-sportback-1/2014/04/21

Anyway, the point of the photo was to show how tight the STD 8J rim fitted with a 235/35 MPSS (or Vredestein Wintrac Xtream) fits in the rear wheel arch. There is is a contact/rub-point on the dirt shield within the rear wheel arch but that's easily resolved.

And the drawing provides a refererence point for any other wheel-rim you may chose to consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: D0C and DW81
I’m looking for a set of 20’s as well. I’m thinking S6 rims as per the Clubsport (but that was running 21’s!) as the offset is far more friendly than RS6 wheels. Or BBS CI-R’s. However CI-R’s looks pretty good in 19’s too.

Hi ,

Cheers

2012 is an 8P right? So shouldn't this be in that forum, not the 8V one?

Also, doubt you'll get a 9" on the back.