Sportback 20” Rs3 wheels

seanick

Reaction score
hi guys,

What would be the wheel offset req for 20” aftermarket rims.

⚡

Offset shouldn't depend on diameter, so still looking around the ET45 mark for an 8.5J rim. Audi optional 20s were 9Jx20 ET50 255/25ZR20 fronts and 8Jx20 ET45 235/30ZR20 rears.

Reactions: seanick
Offset shouldn't depend on diameter, so still looking around the ET45 mark for an 8.5J rim. Audi optional 20s were 9Jx20 ET50 255/25ZR20 fronts and 8Jx20 ET45 235/30ZR20 rears.

Thanks for that pal.... currently looking at a 20” rim et44 .... so looking ok I think?....

Thanks for that pal.... currently looking at a 20” rim et44 .... so looking ok I think?....

Your offset thinking is correct, however it depends on the design of the wheel. Issue is the front calipers and spokes on wheels clearing. I was running concave wheels on my old B7 RS4 and had to massively mess about with spacers and stretched tyres for it to work with the height I was running the car at.

I’m still searching for a set of wheels I like that will have a decent offset for spacing. I’m not a big fan of flat faced rims, so if I’m going to spend nearly 2k on a set of wheels, they’ve got to be the perfect design for me.

Out of interest, what are you considering?

Your offset thinking is correct, however it depends on the design of the wheel. Issue is the front calipers and spokes on wheels clearing. I was running concave wheels on my old B7 RS4 and had to massively mess about with spacers and stretched tyres for it to work with the height I was running the car at.

I’m still searching for a set of wheels I like that will have a decent offset for spacing. I’m not a big fan of flat faced rims, so if I’m going to spend nearly 2k on a set of wheels, they’ve got to be the perfect design for me.

Out of interest, what are you considering?

I’m quite taken by the vossen cvt they seem reasonably dished and I fell in love with them after seeing them on a B8 rs4.... yea I’ve surfed a bit and it seems that the caliper is fouling a lot of wheels ....do you think almost any dished wheel will req spacers?...what wheels are you looking at ?

Reactions: jaysrs4
I’m quite taken by the vossen cvt they seem reasonably dished and I fell in love with them after seeing them on a B8 rs4.... yea I’ve surfed a bit and it seems that the caliper is fouling a lot of wheels ....do you think almost any dished wheel will req spacers?...what wheels are you looking at ?
You could go for Vossen's however, concave wheels look so good because they're usually 10's with a ridiculously negative ET. Thus the issue you have is that you have no space for the callipers and you can't space them because they're so wide and you end up with massive poke.

I actually really fancy a set of the double spoke design as used on the clubsport, however that was running 21's!! But You'll be hard pushed sourcing a suitable set that fits as the C7 RS6 runs options of 8x20 ET25, 9.5x20 ET21, 9.5 x21 ET25 and a 10x22 ET20 respectively, so they'll never fit. A C7 S6 runs the same design and are 8.5x20 ET43, these will bolt straight on. In my opinion 19's just look too small on an RS3 unless you get a good design, low profile tyres and a decent drop, but then you're risking grounding out everywhere. And to find an ET friendly set is a nightmare. So, join the club!! lol

You could go for Vossen's however, concave wheels look so good because they're usually 10's with a ridiculously negative ET. Thus the issue you have is that you have no space for the callipers and you can't space them because they're so wide and you end up with massive poke.

I actually really fancy a set of the double spoke design as used on the clubsport, however that was running 21's!! But You'll be hard pushed sourcing a suitable set that fits as the C7 RS6 runs options of 8x20 ET25, 9.5x20 ET21, 9.5 x21 ET25 and a 10x22 ET20 respectively, so they'll never fit. A C7 S6 runs the same design and are 8.5x20 ET43, these will bolt straight on. In my opinion 19's just look too small on an RS3 unless you get a good design, low profile tyres and a decent drop, but then you're risking grounding out everywhere. And to find an ET friendly set is a nightmare. So, join the club!! lol
Like this?...
0f230fd063ca415992cce93c28909ae9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I could never get my head around the ‘slamed’ look, but as the say if everybody loved the same thing..........

Reactions: seanick and AudiNutta
Yea that looks cool in my eyes. However you’d need air ride to achieve that look, that’s deffo not static!! Lol

So it’s totally impractical but I’d hazzard a guess it’s fine-tuneable so raised a half inch it would be drivable.

But yes...or this, mines black too.

Attachments

• 9702D7F2-E26A-4954-88E1-B06E8AE12D7D.jpeg
    9702D7F2-E26A-4954-88E1-B06E8AE12D7D.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 252
Yea that looks cool in my eyes. However you’d need air ride to achieve that look, that’s deffo not static!! Lol

So it’s totally impractical but I’d hazzard a guess it’s fine-tuneable so raised a half inch it would be drivable.

But yes...or this, mines black too.
Yes in my eyes too...... its gorgeous... i think ive seen them on a6 black ed ?...would they fit or only s6?

I could never get my head around the ‘slamed’ look, but as the say if everybody loved the same thing..........
I like the look but definitely not the practically...