200 miles on the clock - Nail in tyre :(

ScottyA

Reaction score
Driving home from work, tyre sensor alerted me to front left.

Seemed fine but put it on full lock for a proper inspection, nail... Managed to get it repaired while praying they did not damage my wheel. Happily the wheel is fine, although I can see where the machine has pressed the tyre off in that little gap between the tyre and alloy but what can you do!

Any thoughts on the reliability of a tyre repair? Can't justify buying a new tyre 200 miles in but don't want to risk a blow out etc.

This happened to me with my last new car after the exact same mileage! Gutted

Beat my record of getting a nail in my tyre after just 600miles. Unfortunately it was in the sidewall so needed to fork out for a new one....All that man maths convincing myself a brand new car would have lower maintenance costs associated with it....!

Reactions: Sandra and ScottyA
Beat my record of getting a nail in my tyre after just 600miles. Unfortunately it was in the sidewall so needed to fork out for a new one....All that man maths convincing myself a brand new car would have lower maintenance costs associated with it....!

Disaster, just after I paid a fortune for ceramic detail and not 100% happy with it!

Boo...thats why I'm doing mine myself...!

What's wrong with it?

Yeah I had one after about 2 days lol. Have had 3 so far and they seem to have held up (To 160 mph but don't tell anyone he he )

Reactions: ScottyA
Boo...thats why I'm doing mine myself...!

What's wrong with it?

Dont get me wrong it was 100% when I picked it up but after a drive I could see marring on the bonnet. Must be the change of temp. But because its under the ceramic I cant clean it off.

Will take it back and let the guy see it, hopefully he will just redo the pannel.